Gold digger picks on ebay

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here ya go Ron (p.s. my little ripper is still going strong):
Little Ripper Digger:
1453671961_14536718513376.jpg
1453671978_14536718376755.jpg
1453671994_14536718280264.jpg
1453672011_14536718180593.jpg
1453672036_14536718084202.jpg

Fast Recovery Digger:
1453672058_14536717977991.jpg

Little Brother Digger:
1453672120_14536717819580.jpg

bluejeansronald said:
Hi Folk, Just let you know my gold digger picks are still on ebay, also on gold gear, Ron.

Hi bluejeans what sort of wood is the handle made of and what sort of steel is it?

Thanks

Len

These look good, when I've got some money will get one.

cecc said:
Hi Mate, The blades are made from spring steel Landcruiser & Hilux some are Nissan the handle are select grade spotted gum the handle factory realy look after me, These handles can be bought at bunnings, Kugers Superslash, { a lot more then i pay} When you are ready to buy pm me save on ebaypal fees, Ron

bluejeansronald said:
cecc said:
Hi Mate, The blades are made from spring steel Landcruiser & Hilux some are Nissan the handle are select grade spotted gum the handle factory realy look after me, These handles can be bought at bunnings, Kugers Superslash, { a lot more then i pay} When you are ready to buy pm me save on ebaypal fees, Ron
Hi Mbasio, Thanks for up loading pictures up for me, Over the next three or four weeks I will donate a couple of picks for raffle for when the weather cools of, Ron.

Ok Ron thanks for the Info, good strong steel there, and spotted gum wood, good stuff, saw a fair bit of that up on the Snowy when I worked there, and mountain ash and stringy bark, and red gum.

Cheers

Len

Hi Ron, Just ordered one of your picks they Look great and I expect that they hold a point a lot longer then the pick I bought from Miners Den, Rgds

Mark

tryhard1968 said:
Hi Ron, Just ordered one of your picks they Look great and I expect that they hold a point a lot longer then the pick I bought from Miners Den, Rgds

Mark
Hi mark, By now You will have your pick, I guess you will have tried it in back yard or bush, I design these picks to drop on side and scrape the dirt from the hole make it very quick to clean out AND to REFILL holes,DO NOT SHARPEN YOUR PICK TO A SHARP EDGE you are grinding your pick away, May the gold gods smile on you, DONATION FOR RAFFLE, NOW, I have a little brother digger Packed ready for post for a forum raffle,IF management wood like to pm a address for postage will post tomorrow,Thanks and best wishes to all, Ron.

Last year we flew home from Queensland leaving our CC picks in the vehicle there. I bought one of Ron's picks online (because of the price) so that we could attend the DEWAG muster here. I was a bit concerned that it was heavy compared to my old one but once I got to use it the weight was no problem at all and the flat sides really makes a difference. It's a really strong pick that digs well and is great for scraping the soil to clear a few rocks or refill the hole.

Thanks Ron for a very good value pick.

Phil

Hi Ron, are the tips case hardened or tempered? How did u do it if so?

cecc said:
Hi Ron, are the tips case hardened or tempered? How did u do it if so?
Hi Mate i cut these from leaf spring with angel grinder and very thin blade be very careful not to heat them to much cant use oxey will heat to much and break off, when i weld the eye on i put them in a sand box so they do not cool out to fast, never sharpen a pick to a thin sharp point they only wear out to quick I do not mind telling a few secrets i think it good to make your one gear, Iam just about to make a dry washer blower to take to tibooburra in may, Ron.

Hi, Just to let anyone interested in my gold picks they wont be available til about first of june, going prospecting, My turn to find some gold, Cheers Ron.

Ok thanks Ron, my little digger or whatever it is called, is going like gang busters, what a great pick mate and top workmanship. I have been telling all my mates about them.

Cheers

Len

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts