Gold claims

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Any body know much about how one would go about getting a small claim for small mining op in Nsw since as prospecting/fossicking is so tight on the processing and excavation regs, not that I want to get a backhoe and go nuts Hoffman style just would be nice if I could legally use a high banker or tromel to process a decent amount with out getting in sh*t, maybe a club mine claim with fees for members only, I bet it's expensive to do but it would be pretty.

Gumtree search: gold claims. Seen a few on there in the past.

Scratch that mate, just checked and there's none on there at the moment.

Yeah I did see one on gumtree a while back but since have only been able to find large scale stuff in other states, and big$$$

Tight Laws in NSW.
You have to have an environmental management plan for how the area will be rehabilitated.
Then you have to put the money up front for that rehabilitation.
The mineral you wish to chase has to be proven to be commercially viable.

and that is only a small part of the crap to go though to try get a claim in NSW

I know there was a couple for sale at Nundle and one at Moonan Brook, but you still have to comply and get permission from The NSW Dept. State Mines to be granted what ever mining rights. (bad luck Eddy's not around any more, you could have done a deal.) ;) ;)

Digginholes, This might be of interest to you, I found it last night. It's through a mob called Gold maps. com. au you must remove the spaces.
I hope this helps. If you buy it I wouldn't mind an invite to the ground breaking day...lol

Historic Mine ready to be pegged. Warwick Region
Ref : queens
Address :
Thane- 3 hours west of Brisbane
Amenities :

No on site living

Financial informations :
Price $ 10 000
Details :

2ha of ground can be pegged.

aprox 1000 tonnes tailings with 1GPT free gold- ready to be processed

Historic grades well over 1oz per ton.

suit small serious hard rock operator

all weather easy road access

3 hours from Brisbane

EPM could be placed over the same area if acted quickly apon.

First crushing 550 tons @ 30gpt

records indicate old shafts only went to 40m

Geology similar to Gympie.

Do the sums

Outlay initially $10,000 (probably wouldn't include other permits or licenses)
Tailings 1000T = 36oz Au= $46,800
crushing 550T = 583oz Au = $757,900 ( is that correct...seems a bit high or is that supposed to be 3gpt)

Add on running costs etc.

crazyk said:
Do the sums

Outlay initially $10,000 (probably wouldn't include other permits or licenses)
Tailings 1000T = 36oz Au= $46,800
crushing 550T = 583oz Au = $757,900 ( is that correct...seems a bit high or is that supposed to be 3gpt)

Add on running costs etc.

The 30gpt was the initial cap the old timers have already mined, who knows how much if any is left.

Looks a bit suss to me, how can you try to sell a lease that isn't even pegged? Why not spend the money to peg your own?

DD

All very interesting , I am just investigating at the moment goldagettin but if I did have the $$ to buy one I drink jack Daniels ;)
Diggerdude do you know much about exploration leases.. Is it possible to get one of those and run a small plant for "sampling"

It's possible to do within the rules, but the EL application process is too hard/expensive in NSW and VIC. It is easiest to get an EL in NT and WA.
As others mentioned earlier NSW is just too hard/expensive in general. Your best bet would be a PL in VIC. Anyone with project management experience in civil construction and tender submission can do these for a couple thousand $.

DD

Latest posts