Go below 01

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1643448363_20220129_201956_compress68.jpg

1643448401_20220129_202043_compress63.jpg

Session 05
Duration - 4.5 hrs
Depth - 2m

Notes - clay has gone red again..

Anyone remember the Victorian guy that did this, for like two years, and came back one day to find parks had filled it in with all his gear still in it?

I think you may need a hardwood timber running along the tin on the outside of your timber bracing on both sides.

1643586597_screenshot_20220131-095236_gallery.jpg

If the sides come in and the tin folds with the earth, those bracing won't be worth a pinch of dogsh!t to ya.
Wrigly tin by itself just rings the danger bells to me, looks good, but stay safe 20(unless it's there but I just can't see it properly) :D

My timbers are 70mm wider than the trench and flogged in solid (why it looks buckled).
Has to be solid tight to be used as ladder rungs.
Next session I will put in 1 more centre timber at the top now I'm deep enough to not smack my head on it!
Go a bit deeper then I put in the bottom 1..

Loving your work 20x this is seriously fascinating stuff! Your taking us all on a gold adventure...sure hope your monster sings loud when you hit gravels!
I appreciate your diagram of the workings. Either way, gutsy dig, you'll no doubt have a renewed appreciation for all the 100's of test holes the old timers use to dig.
;) :Y: :pickshovel: :goldpan: :goldnugget:

20xwater said:
Rusty_G said:
How this little project going 20x?
I've been hanging out for an update hahaa. :D :Y:
Sharing this dig in real time was a test to see what would happen..went past on Sunday to find it's been backfilled.
It's All good :cool:
And people whinge about an unfilled detector hole :lol: :(

Latest posts