Gippsland Newbie

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G'day everyone.I'm new to prospecting ,but being from Canada originally its not totally new I'm familiar with the Klondike gold rush and all.I'm just trying out panning for gold and a small portable sluice I bought off of ebay. I'm in West Gippsland Bunyip to be more precise. I'd love to hear tips do's and don'ts.I have my miners right so I'm trying to do things legit. This will be a hobby to get me out of the house on weekends.

Any guidence is appreciated and very welcome. Where I should focus in general (location)l.I'm open to tagging along for day trips in the area.Safety in numbers I guess. :) :)

Welcome to the Forum Feathers. This Forum is a bit like finding Gold...you got do some digging, but you never know the kind of info you might (unearth?)
Enjoy. :) :Y:

G'day features welcome to PA there's a few members down your way. Can't help with the wet gold prospecting I'm sure those that do will offer support. Get 10 post's up and you can join in the meet up's as they come up if it suits.

Welcome feathers.
1524483726_1515461116_40.jpg

Hey there feathers. Welcome. Im from west gippsland too. Im pretty new to it so i dont know if i will be of much wisdom but i love a good dig.

Thank you all for the welcome @Flowerpot @bumbags @pete165 @Jaros @RM Outback @Rust_G
I'd like to reply to each of your posts respectively but i haven't worked that one out yet. I'm sure its explained somewhere here.

As with getting out and enjoying this new hobby.I'm also into photography and I prefer night time photography but I already work nights so too many nights out late
for my wifes liking.So This new hobby will keep me home at night unless I camp out on site.But I don't think that will happen anytime soon. Cheers :Y: :Y:

Just use the quote at the bottom of each post, no need now you've covered it well :Y: but missed out on the post count :eek:. Use the search icon top left there's some fantastic photography and photographers on the site. Jump in on Flowerpot's shift work thread that'll help with the post count. I don't mind if you reply in kind individualy, it'll get your post count up so the members section opens up for you :Y: just ask questions and it'll happen in now time.

Latest posts