Getting the gear to 'ready set go'

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm a newbie.
Love reading all the diffrent topics the members have to share and Thankyou! Im slowly gathering my equipment together for detecting and panning for my 1st ever prospecting trip to GT. So excited, as im doing as much homework i can to self educate any know how before i go.
One silly question..... is there many places i can go in the GT prospecting without owning a 4x4?

Hi and welcome
No such thing as a silly question from what i have read on here i am sure you will get to some good spots
Not having a 4x4 does have its restrictions however you can work around them
Never fear someone will let you know if i am wrong
Enjoy and stay safe

Hi Nugget Chick
Welcome to the forum.
Not a silly question at all. I'd say a very sensible question.
The answer is you can get all over the GT with a 2wd. I did for 18 months before getting my 4wd.
Plenty of good tracks out there. Just don't go driving through pig puddles in the wet.
Good luck with your trip. Cheers

Hi to you N.C I'm sure once you get out around the GT areas you'll find there are plenty of places you can drive or even take a short walk to get to...enjoy.
Regards Oliver

Hi N.C, loads of places to go without a 4X4 just need to plan and have fun.

And if you cannot get to a place you can always walk. Most places are easily accessible.

Loads of maps and books around to help with the choice.

Minersden, Coiltek Maryborough or ebay all have a large range.

There are also a few meet ups planned around the GT which may assist.

Good luck

Latest posts