General National Weather advice and information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah bit of an issue with there gauge there Rob I think. Weve had about 100 mm in the last two days which is nice but its been bitterly cold. Little bit warmer today, 7 degrees at the moment but wind chill is around 0. :fire:

Stop whinging.
We live in the best country in the world.

Dorothea Mackellar

"I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons,
I love her jewel-sea,
Her beauty and her terror -
The wide brown land for me!"

The wide Brown land for me!

1588405155_resized_20180103_190945_26429473247519.jpg

Tathradj said:
I really like that Photo.
May I ask where it came from. ?

Hi Tathradj. That's the Painted Desert in NW SA.
One day after my late wife passed away I went for a drive and ended up thereabouts.
I stayed at Arckaringa Station.
Got lost in the range and I didn't really care.
I love the endless brown of the outback.

Happy Days, I got 27*c and 29% humidity and surprize surprize it was the same here yesterday, :inlove: :perfect:

Now to buy a carton or two O:) :cool:

Well with less carbon in the air due to C19 effedts on the atmosphere(of life) that leaves more oxygen floating around to combine with that mass of hydrogen.... we'll all be laughing though if it gets caught up with the nutrogen instead. Let it rain...Let it rain.... The Corona never bothered me anyway ! :p

Bjay said:
Funniest thing was watching all the all wheel drives trying to get out. Basically had to dig everything out to the bitumen. Only had to dig majority from the front , a track to get in,low range diff lock in and walk out.
Fitting Snow Chains will make most vehicles unstoppable and fitting them on all 4 wheels on a 4x turns them in to a Dozer, lol

I bought a set of chains for the Van and Snow and Ice are not a problem, :Y:

I bought a set of these they were cheap enough, There is a video further down the page,

https://snowchains.co.uk/snowchains/Weissenfels+Clack+and+Go/

Ridge Runner said:
Fitting Snow Chains will make most vehicles unstoppable and fitting them on all 4 wheels on a 4x turns them in to a Dozer, lol

RR, Bit of a challenge fitting snow chains in this situation. :lol:
Says he who has never seen snow. True story! :lol: :lol:

Nightjar said:
Ridge Runner said:

RR, Bit of a challenge fitting snow chains in this situation. :lol:
Says he who has never seen snow. True story! :lol: :lol:

I love the Snow, everything is whisper quiet when there is just an inch or two covering every thing, buses can pass 50m away and you have trouble to hear them even late at night / early morning,

You can buy things called Snow Socks for cars which are a lot cheaper Stick them on a little hatchback and it will go through 8"/ 200mm of Snow no dramas, I prefer Snow Chains coz they're a bit tougher, The links on mine are 18mm X 9mm, But using Chains you must not drive over 30mph / 50kph according to the info that came with mine, :Y:

Oh, and they work well in Mud, :perfect:

Latest posts