G'day

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My names John , new at getting out and about after a bit of gold .. but the great outdoors brings so many pleasures and it gives me the chance to get out and about with my 2 boys Jack and Joel hence JJJ Gold.

The homes in Sydney, but the works in WA outback, guess the goldfever started years ago as a dream but doing a bit of work at a gold mine a couple of years ago in WA has got the chase for a bit of our own gold.

My son Jack I think hit the nail on the head after our first trip away a few months ago when he said "This is just like winning on the pokies every time you get a bit of gold out of the pan"

Been always thinking of a detector for years and just got my first one .. A Minelab SDC2300 to get out there and see whats about.

I want to thank all you guys that contribute to the forum, you guys have a wealth of knowledge and we luv hearing what you have to say and learning so much on your quest for a bit of the gold stuff.

See ya all in the Great Outdoors

Regards

John
Jack
Joel

GREAT AVATAR John! :Y: Welcome to P.A...You have started out in the right manner with theSDC2300 8) ]:D ....Ihave been a member here for some time now and my background is based mainly on sluic'n..but recently.. thanks to the enormous generosity of Ken Perkins.aka 7.62 marksman I;'m swinging a 705 Twin Pack! :p :D ]:D ...So as far as Metal Detecting goes...I'm somewhat of a novice...but...have been putting in a lot'a homework and it won't be long before I'm swinging like a monkey in a zoo.... ;) haha. Hope you and your boy's hook right in and get lots of reward for your endeavours :Y: :Y: :Y: You will find..no end of info and goodwill here mate...Rack up those first 10 posts and join us in the member's sections.Cheers n' I'll see yer at the diggins. :D ..Rossco. :cool:

Thanks guys for the warm welcome, the forum is amazing seeing all the knowledge you guys have and the gear you use ... and the treasure and gold you find

... i've been interested in and following minelab and their detectors since I was a lot younger back in the late 80s always thinking id love to get one well now i have. Been out for the first go with it plenty of rusty nails bits of tin and lead shot so far.. :eek: just gunna keep plugging away learning all the ins and outs and how it all works.

Any tips on using the SDC are greatly accepted ;)

Cheers guys :Y:

Welcome triple J's lots to read and a lot of good people with lots of information
keep it slow and low
enjoy and stay safe
1509003053_11.jpg

Hi Triple J

Welcome aboard . I am a newbie here as well but I can tell you that you will find a lot to read and many people willing to help you here. As was said, take it easy and stay safe mate.

G'day JJJ Gold welcome to the forum you and your boys will have a ball with the 2300 :Y: it's a good machine to start with. When your in shallow ground with gold about the 2300 shines mind you you'll also dig plenty of shot and other fuggets.

Thanks guys

Already found plenty of lead shot with the SDC... ...should probably open a gun store ...lol ...

:D :Y:

Latest posts