G'day from sunny Canberra

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldbug

James
Reaction score
Hi guys, we are noobies from Canberra, just started to get serious about fossicking and loving it! We do a little panning but mainly detect for gold and coins in and around the ACT and NSW. We venture out most weekends, camping, fishing and detecting and whilst we don't find much we enjoy just being out in the bush listening to Kookaburras and drinking billy tea :)

Cheers from
James and Julia

Welcome to the forum James and Julia, good to see the Canberra based forum members starting to grow.We spend a lot of time around your fav haunts and look forward to maybe catching up for one of those Billy Teas of yours. Best of luck, and again, welcome...Cheers Wal.

Hi Goldbug and welcome to our forum. Nothing better than welcoming the first parts of the day out in the scrub with a fresh cuppa in your hands.....aaahhhh Bliss!

G'day James & Julia, welcome. The aussie bush is full of surprises, 2 nights ago at about 8'0 clock I was getting ready to go to bed ,I walked around the side of the tent and near stepped on a baby redbelly black snake and when I walked around the otherside of the tent to get the camera out of the car there was another one so there must have been a nest some where close. I got the camera took a photo and went to bed and left them to it. This morning I witnessed a baby bird taking his first flying lessons.
Encouraged by the rest of the family, the bird climbed up a meter high sapling while the family flew around him, he was there for a while swaying in the breeze, the family kept bumping the sapling, I think they were trying to knock him out of it. Finally he took the big leap and flew about 2 meters then crash landed. I had to get back to work so the Last I saw him he was climbing up on a big log to have a go off there. Gotta love living in the bush. :) Mick

Welcome Goldbug, I agree with the billy tea sentiments. There is nothing as satisfying as being in the Aussie bush. Good luck with your fossicking in the future. Cheers, Rick.

Welcome to the forum great group of guys & gals here, keep the billy full.
Bill

Latest posts