G'day from SA

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaBilda

Paul
Reaction score
G'day all.

I'm just getting back into detecting after approx 20 yrs since my last time. Back then I had a Whites (can't remember model) that got my quite a lot of small bits of gold throughout the Vic goldfields. I lived near Geelong then so also had some luck on the beaches and historical sites through the Otways.

I bought myself an X-Terra 705 duel pack Gold/Coin & Relic just before xmas but have only been able to get out with it twice to date. No real finds as yet, a few staples, bullets at the goldfield area close to here and a few pennies at a club outing for an xmas bbq, the pennies were planted the day before just to make a fun day.

I joined The Adelaide Treasure Hunters Club when I bought this detector and almost instantly scored myself the job of arranging places to go for the monthly outings. This has meant more time spent researching than out detecting, but as my knowledge of this area improves my time out in the field will increase hopefully ;).

I'm also in many facebook groups and hope to be able to get to some of the days/weekends being organised in those. Time and distance is the only thing that will hold me back at times.

Might see some of you out and about sometime, if there are any from adelaide here feel free to contact me if you would like a meetup/detect day.

Paul.

Welcome Paul, share the knowledge and wisdom of vic's goldfields, never been there but never know

Any welcome ;)

Latest posts