Gday from Cairns FNQ

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi
My names Chris from Cairns
I am a fitter machinist/ fabricator by trade. I go camping in a lot of gold areas and like building things so I thought I would have a crack at building a small Highbanker/wash plant to see what I can find. Also right into mining history / books and exploring old forgotten towns and finding old mines and abandoned bits of plant.

Welcome Chris, there are a few people up here who share the passion for the outdoors and chasing down the yellow as well as relics. I think some of the guys are getting together soon at the miners den. Best of luck with the hunt. Cheers, Rick

Hi Chris from Cairns :)
Welcome to the forum.
You will find plenty of good information and helpful people here to help you with your prospecting.
As a history lover you may find the couple of history topics interesting reading as well.

Cheers

Ramjet

We are having a bit of a meet on Saturday at the miners den.
Think it was 9:30am. Then might go somewhere local to have a bit of a dig

Thanks fellas. Kamjek you probably would have been up to Mt mulligan in recent times. I find the camp ground there to be fairly good value. I go up there a bit and you can head out the back to the start of the Hogkensons . I met a bloke out there recently ( well actualy he wandered out of the bush and nearly through my camp) that got a few small nuggets. ( well actualy he wandered out of the bush and nearly through my camp) He resparked my interests in doing some fossiking.

I do a fair bit of quad riding trying to find the old mining areas and abandoned towns around the tablelands as well

Come down on Saturday.
Meet a few of the others up here
You always learn something new when you chat with others

I would love to come down but I fly out in the morning. I wont get back till next Tuesday(7 on 7 off) or I would come along. I will try make the next one.

I don't know if I'm looking forward to the physical side of prospecting, I just like making things. Here is my little tow behind plant for behind my quad. Still got more chutes to add for tailings and more spray bars

Great looking unit there Chris, I am sure we will catch up one day. Pity you cant make it this Saturday.

Good luck in your hunt. You look well equipped.

Cheers, Tone

Thanks Tone. After going through a lot of old threads on here, I am keen to fab up a "blue bowl" type concentrator to add to the trailer. I have been hitting youtube pretty hard today for Ideas

Latest posts