G'Day from Billabong

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, new to the forum and relatively new to this great hobby.... yet to find anything other than bullets but i live in hope :)

Welcome Billabong, although you might not be finding anything as yet, think of all the exercise you're getting in the mean time :)

Hi Billabong....the first nugget is always the hardest....but it's also the one you'll most remember. If you need a push in the right direction don't be shy to ask.....plenty of guys here started exactly the same way as you have and can give you a head start...Cheers Wal.

Hi Billabong and welcome its time and patients i have been told if you are finding lead shot it shouldn t be long till you find gold i still find more shot than gold but i always go out keen and come back with my usual rubbish but while i am doing that i am getting to know my machine better and i love being in the scrub so good luck and hopefully you will get that elusive first bit soon just remember low and slow detecting cheers Terry

Welcome to the site & best of luck getting that first bit of precious soon

:D Welcome Billabong , don't forget to pan the nearby creeks and rivers if research shows you where to detect there could be colour nearby which I used to walk past and only detect.

cheers Steve

Cheers guys, advice always appreciated :)
Away on business with work at the moment so can't get out and about but looking forward to getting back and out there again, got a few areas in mind that are worth a look i reckon so you never know :)

Latest posts