Garrett LS Infinium information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apologies, Rusty Old Boy, .. Didn't mean to offend, and understand how finances can dictate our decisions ..
At least you're still swinging the wand around and have a very capable machine in the Infium mate. .. And you just never know, .. thats the wonderful thing about detecting .. About this time last year a friend of a friend pinged a 3 ouncer with an Extera 70 up our way .. right smack- bang in the middle of an area that has been gone over by very experienced operators for years! .. Whoulda Thunk ay? .. The bloke just got that little coil directly over a slug only that was only 6 or so cm deep .. Keep going Rusty .. Hope it happens for you.

Best of Luck to You.

Hope you get that machine purring like a kitten mate and look forward to hopefully seeing a few chunks rattling in the bottle again....best of luck and glad to see your still swinging....best wishes and keep us posted mate ....Cheers Wal. ;)

Rusty said:
Any experienced Infinium users..Help!!

I'm having a real battle with my Infinium.
Doesn't seem to matter how much time I take setting frequency and ground balancing, I cannot get it to operate quietly.
I started wearing the control on my belt, but it seemed that any movement on the cord would make it squawk. If I even touched the control box it would make a squawk.
It seems to be less sensitive now that I have it mounted under cuff.
I'll have it set so that stationary, on the ground there is a low steady threshold, but as soon as I lift the coil off the ground it starts whistling and squawking.
I even sent it back to the Prospectors Patch and they gave it straight back saying, "It's operating within tolerance."
Having said that, it has picked up a number of targets that would have also fooled my GPX4500 (which it replaced)
It's the constant noises that drive me nuts.. are your machines always noisy?
Any hints would be welcome.

It's quite easy to help someone with the Infinium LS setup, just arrange a meet.

Our local prospecting supply shop have a see and test session once a month........you are welcome to bring your own detector.

Next beach/park meeting will be Sun 12 May at Clifton Beach Qld. 4879.

ivanll

Ivan,
Wish I could make it to your Show and Tell day, FNQ is one of my favorite areas in the world.
Unfortunately the weekend's already spoken for, besides Cairns is a bit of a hike from the Goldie.
That's the first Field Trial Day I've heard of other than Minelab's promotional days and weekends, if a detector shop organised one closer to home I'd be in like Flynn.
Meantime, I've been on the blower to Phil Stearnes, the Garrett importer in Adelaide. He's given me a few more tips which I'll try asap, hopefully that will be it.

You see correct Mr. T. :) ............I've never met a Tesoro user that did'nt know how to use his detector.

That's the way Mr Rusty.......see or contact a competent Garrett dealer, I've sugested that in the past but got blasted for doing so. 8.(

ivanll said:
That's the way Mr Rusty.......see or contact a competent Garrett dealer, I've sugested that in the past but got blasted for doing so. 8.(

Not on this forum you haven't ;)

An update on my Infinium woes.

Just got the machine back from Phill Stearnes, who repaired a broken wire in the 10x14 mono coil and reckons the DD plug has been missing the pinhole when I plug it in. That's a problem I was aware of but thought I had it sorted.

I managed to get it running nice and quiet in the caravan park, for the first time ever, even surrounded by all sorts of electrics. So I'm hopeful of better results from now on.

Now, just gotta find some gold to walk over ..any ideas guys? :) Coordinates, 'X' marks the spot, old maps ..anything would do :lol:

Heading down to the Lake Macquarie in about a week, looking forward to exploring that area.

Yes, we luv the infinium with the 8" mono.

Seems the best bang for buck so far out of the detectors we've had.

Other then buggering up my back digging last weekend, its been all good.

I kind of like the 10x5"DD, it have proved to be more sensitive to tiny Gold bits when on hot ground and wider sweep area when beach hunting. :)

ivanll

ivanll said:
I kind of like the 10x5"DD, it have proved to be more sensitive to tiny Gold bits when on hot ground and wider sweep area when beach hunting. :)

ivanll
Infinium 10x5 DD ??
Please educate me. I've only heard of the 10x14 mono & DD and 8in Mono (Round)

A number of coils for the infinium,

3 x 7 inch DD coil $175
5 x 10 inch DD coil $185
10 X 14 inch mono coil $187
8 inch mono round coil $164
Standard coil that comes with it 10 x 14 inch DD.

Cheers.
Lee.
We sell them, free freight on all prospecting equipment.

didnt find you guys until after purchase ,so give it too me ,love the posts on here hope too make a contribution myself

Is there anything specific you are wanting to know about the Infinium or just a general overview?

Nugget.

Im taking ownership of my first LS next week. It was recommended to me that one should spend nearly a minute wobbling the coil up and down in fast,then do exactly the same thing in slow and then lock.this is more exaggerated and prolonged than the garrett instructional online vids show ,but can it hurt,I think i will have a good experiment with it

I was pretty fixed on buying one but ended up with an AT Gold instead. I watched all the Garrett videos on both machines and decided the AT Gold was more suited to my needs.

Hopefully some of our Infinium users will be on later to comment.

Nugget.

I've just received my infinium detector. I will give an update when I hit the beach with it and give it a run. It certainly looks and feels tough. Not light either.

Jim.

Latest posts