Garrett Infinium

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Selling my Garrett Infinium to fund a 3030, 2 years old , good all round detector. Asking $700.

DD

Hi there Trend, how would you rate this detector vs the sd2000? thanks mate

Very similar in performance on gold mate. Main difference would be the infinium is better on beaches and it's fully waterproof, it can be used while diving or in creeks.

DD

Where abouts r u and do u have the box, manual, etc. What coil /s come with the detector.

Cheers.
Lee.

I'm nomadic , always moving around, leaving NSW in the next couple of days to go back to WA. It's got the standard 10x14 coil with it. The box and a unused 5x10 coil are in my storage shed on the south coast, would be a bit of a trip to go get them though.

DD

When u say south coast, we talking batesmans bay or further??

Also, just where abouts in NSW r u, we r in wollongong.

Would really like to get the box n manual n especially that smaller coil.

Cheers.
Lee.

Will think it over tonight, it's going to cost me a day and $200 odd in fuel to go get them.

DD

Hey Toysandthings, try posting something up the "Wanting to Buy" section. You never know, someone might have one for sale a little closer to home. That is, if you don't end up getting this one from Diggerdude.

Cheers,
Nugget

lol, thought about it, just depends on where he is n where he is travelling too, as by the sounds of it, he will be going right by us on the way to retreive a few bits. in which case we can compensate somewhat on his return trip, also can do a comparitive test with some sample gold nuggets and show him the goldbug dp we have as that may be of interest to how those vlf display ground tracking discriminators work.(which we rnt too happy with in goldfields mineralised ground). Parks n non heavy mineralised ground they r great, on large targets they r great. Small gold, dont think so, not from the tests i have done with 1g n 2.3g gold nugget. Tho better then our pioneer 505 n BH tracker iv n the cscope 4pi no good for goldfields or small gold, great at beach for coins etc, the infinium will outclass the lot n with the smaller coil pick up the 1g n 2.3g nugget at more then 6cm n 10cm hopefully in mineralised goldfield ground. The goldbug dp did not get a single flicker in the threshold with the 2.3g and 1g nugget together at 10cm depth in goldfield mineralised ground. Only at 3 inches did it become detectable. now the golden question is just how sensitive is the infinium with its smaller coil.........In dry beach sand it gained about an inch in detectable depth. This was in all metal mode, GB'd etc. In discrim depth is less tho detector runs real quite, funny that. Even got a 15x12 sef coil, even less depth, lol, didnt test with large nugget tho. Might have been better for larger nuggets. Wondering how a half gram nugget would go......

Hey Trent shame I didn't get to catch up, hope you do well in WA,
Cheers
Brad....

hi nomadic,,
I have just taken up detecting after highbanking for a year or so, and I was wondering if you would think its a decent detector for a beginner?

Its a good alrounder hahamonkeys. Can find gold in mineralized ground and works well on the beaches too. Mine left for his new home this morning. A good detector for a beginner if you can find another one.

Item is SOLD.

DD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts