Garrett ATX Information and Questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isn't that marketing at its best? At least you can have a choice of coil ' Unlike the SDC that is stock with a 8" and possibly won't ever have another option and if it does' I'm sure it will be $800+

Your stuck with the 8" coil for the sdc forever .. but pmcoils tell me new mono coils for the atx in September .
But maybe some aftermarket coil mobs will look into the sdc at a later date . ;) ...

stalker said:
Your stuck with the 8" coil for the sdc forever

I doubt that very much, I suspect there are many working on other options as I type,

Can you actually separate any ATX coil from the supplied shaft, or are you stuck with having to buy the whole kit and kaboodle everytime you want a new coil?

Gotta be happy with these, all found with the ATX except top second from left, which was sunbaking. All from NE Tas & ranging from 0.05gm to 2.6gm.
1407758050_rps20140811_215305_848.jpg

Goldpick said:
Can you actually separate any ATX coil from the supplied shaft, or are you stuck with having to buy the whole kit and kaboodle everytime you want a new coil?

Here are the emails I got from pmcoils and should wet the whistle

2- we have 2 field and bench coils being trialed now. Just waiting on the plugs to be finalised so we can get more built. A final peer review period will occur which will take a further month. Dont expect anything until September earliest. Thanks Greg

1- the direction we are taking is to make an adapter stem to fit onto the ATX and then allow standard lower stems with traditional clevis' to fit onto the coils. Just have to buy the adapter once and then any stem with a 20mm wide clevis will suit. So initially the Nuggeteer range for the ATX/Infinium will have the 9x6, 12x4, 15x5 and 18x6. Weexpectthat the most expensive of these will be around the $350 mark. Others in our Scarab and Tarantula range willfollow later. Thanks, Andy

The 0.05gm to 0.07gm pieces were in a patch of mineralized clay and down only 2-3cms. The signals were very faint at first but more definite when I broke the clay into chunks and rubbed them over the coil. Carefully breaking them further revealed the bits of gold inside. The larger pieces were down to about 10cms.
After ground balancing, I ran the following settings to get those really small bits:
Sens = 13
Disc = 0
Vol = 7
Thresh = 7

Hi all, just wondering if there are any short training courses or classes for the atx or detecting in general?? Trying to read up as much as I can but I would enjoy a bit of a lesson here and there, gotta try and learn something everyday chaps :)

Cheers in advance

Goto You tube and type in garrett atx part 1 OR etc part2. There are 2 vids showing setup and other features - tuneup etc etc + the 20" coil. Check out NQ Explorers for more info, bearcat does some too. Great vids

And if you search this forum for info on a field book, Loamer and others gave us newbies heaps of stuff that is fantastic.

Great will defo look them up! I'm in Adelaide, Western suburbs mate, looking to go to the triangle soon!!

Tassie daz, How's the digging in kadina?? We're coming up there on the weekend, got a stall at the show. My atx hasn't arrive yet but I sure am excited lol

Check out 2500ozs fine, marshy. Hey I've got an ATX too and I love it. I'd buy it again and again just for the iron check facility which saves so much unnecessary digging. Just received my 20" coil and cant wait to get to the Trianagle too to try to find some of the stuff that's down deep. What stall are you on at the stall?

What's the 2500ozs?? Do you mean find?? Yea that feature looks awesome! The machine itself caught my eye with the military design! Everything about it was calling me lol

The stall is called Beat the Bike, it's reverse steering so to win you need to be able to ride it 3 meters over the finish line, it's just good fun, bit of a sideline hobby. Dunno if I am allowed to share my video but if it's ok check it out...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3T2X-APU4UI

marshyboy said:
What's the 2500ozs?? Do you mean find?? Yea that feature looks awesome! The machine itself caught my eye with the military design! Everything about it was calling me lol

The stall is called Beat the Bike, it's reverse steering so to win you need to be able to ride it 3 meters over the finish line, it's just good fun, bit of a sideline hobby. Dunno if I am allowed to share my video but if it's ok check it out...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3T2X-APU4UI

I am selling mine with 2 coils and minelab harness,check out Selling section...

Latest posts