Fossicking around the Inverell and Glen Innes areas

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1416732398_lgphone_556.jpg

Here is one from Inverell Heatho, it was the afternoon after we were in the creek. Tim

Nice chunky one mate, should have hit the pile that day too, was so hot digging in that creek, started getting a few bigger ones in the creek just before finishing up on the last day, always the way.

How is the colour on that one? Should cut well if nice and clear.

It was the best one I got the whole trip, Oh yeah it was scorching , that was why I left the creek at lunch on that day.

It is really clear with no cracks, will cut nice if I can find someone to do it down here without sending it overseas .

the next trip is currently being planned haha

Hey Tim, maybe take it back up to Inverell on the next trip, drop into the BB shop at the tourist info centre I'm sure they can help with a cutter who can do it for a reasonable price.

Let me know when you're heading back up mate, I'll see if I can make it.

Good call, I dare say Inverell is a good place to start considering that's where the stone is from.

I will do bud, at the moment it is looking like late December early January, would be good to see you up there! will keep you posted

nice stone... you guys are leading the way up there... I will be having a crack at the stones up there next year for sure... My prospecting mate has been diagnosed with throat cancer and I will get him there to get some nice stones before it is too late... :|

Gemzilla said:
Good call, I dare say Inverell is a good place to start considering that's where the stone is from.

I will do bud, at the moment it is looking like late December early January, would be good to see you up there! will keep you posted

There are other options too mate, Kingsolomon on here will cut Sapphs too but I think he's a bit busy ATM, you could send him a pm to ask. Main reason I suggested Inverell is you could drop it in the day you get there and hopefully pick it up before heading home.

kawman said:
nice stone... you guys are leading the way up there... I will be having a crack at the stones up there next year for sure... My prospecting mate has been diagnosed with throat cancer and I will get him there to get some nice stones before it is too late... :|

It's worth the trip Kawman, when you head up let me know and I'll PM you all the info you need plus a few spots to try there that may produce, it's all luck on the day though you will get some no worries.

Best of luck for your mate too, hope he beats it.

thank you for that... when the time nears for the trip I will make a post and we can organise something for sure.. It would be good to put some faces to the names and swap some points of view... we are looking forward to this trip.. I will go up for several days to make it worth while.. I have been thinking about the heat down in the creeks and some shade suspended over the work area may help... :)

kawman said:
Cheers Kawman , it wont be long till the next trip is on! hope you get up there soon

Heatho said:
Gemzilla said:

There are other options too mate, Kingsolomon on here will cut Sapphs too but I think he's a bit busy ATM, you could send him a pm to ask. Main reason I suggested Inverell is you could drop it in the day you get there and hopefully pick it up before heading home.
Yes Inverell does sound the most ideal, couldn't hurt to try kingsolomon just in case. Do you know him Heatho?

your right Heatho looks like Barney knows how to do an awesome job, yeah I still have a twich from all them flies lol

I still want to get some quality machine time with him to fine tune all his meets and polish. Of all my students over the years he has the most potential of them all.
We talk regulary but seeing is the key to learning cutting. for those needing ultratec dop sticks Im doing some soon, so a few more would be good.Let me know what you want.

rough2cut said:
I still want to get some quality machine time with him to fine tune all his meets and polish. Of all my students over the years he has the most potential of them all.
We talk regulary but seeing is the key to learning cutting. for those needing ultratec dop sticks Im doing some soon, so a few more would be good.Let me know what you want.
Hi rough2cut,
how long does it take to learn how to cut and where do you learn?

Hey Heatho, heading up to Inverell for a week from the 10th of Jan on the hunt for the blue goodness, you should head up mate would hate to think you were missing out haha It would be good to see you up there, you fella's taught me heaps last time

Heatho said:
Hey Tim, maybe take it back up to Inverell on the next trip, drop into the BB shop at the tourist info centre I'm sure they can help with a cutter who can do it for a reasonable price.

Let me know when you're heading back up mate, I'll see if I can make it.

Barney has had less than 8 hours of machine time with me. Try your local lapidary club,they usually have faceting lessons. I more or less fine tune what you learn and show you short cuts etc.

Latest posts