For sale sd 2000 and coils & gp 3000 and coils will post

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the forum LuckyRon...

Minelab denote their detectors in a numerical fashion...therefore the 3000 is the later unit Lucky Ron.

If you are starting out, and only can buy one of those, i'd advise the 3000, but the 2000 is still a very capable machine. (It was also the first commercial PI detector that turned detecting upside down)

Good luck in your new hobby/interest...

Cheers
Gypsy

Thanks gypsy

This has been something I've always wanted to do for ages and went to the perth mint at Christmas and it sparked my interest again. So I have only just found out that there is prospecting areas an hour from me at Clermont in Queensland so I'm keen as to go out and have a go. But having never done it before and know absolutely nothing about finding gold it makes it kinda hard... so I'm here to learn and talk to people about prospecting

LuckyRon said:
Which one is the newer mate

Sorry mate prob didn't elaborate enough as gypsy said hit the nail on the head(thanks gypsy) I've got some books I'll toss into if your interested .
If not there's heaps of threads on here that are ace check out tim aka mine-lab golds thread in the metal detecting section , that lad should write a book very informative .

Also drop into any local detector shop in your area LuckyRon, they are usually a wealth of info. specific to detecting, but also broader methodology as well (sluicing, panning etc).

Usually they have all the gear and plenty of titles to choose from.
Local libraries are also a good source of resources covering the history if that's your interest.

What do you see as the arena you will be most active in?

Gypsy

Have you got them advertised else where, these prices are crazy (GOOD).

Hi Mick, maybe some more decent photo's of both detectors, coils and gear would help sell them.
As RM Outback said they are good prices and some decent photo's would go a long way to getting people really interested in purchasing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts