flower gold or gold dust

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tassietaurusbull

justin woods
Reaction score
Hi all I am after some gold dust or flowery gold to fill a small glass vial I'm not sure how much I need but the vial holds 1 mill of water. I want to give it to my only sister for a wedding gift in November its the only thing I know she don't have and for me to be able to give it to her it would be amazing. I have been panning for about 6 months but only have about .05g iv also got paydirt of diggertom and got about 1.0g from that but I need more I need to fill this vial can some one help me out plz.
1440420706_img_20150824_223649.jpg
here is the vial beside a 5c and two corn kernals for size comparison thanks
1440421099_img_20150824_225415.jpg

So at around $1600AUD per ounce, your prezzie will be worth around $1030. That gold dust really adds up!

Lol..yep a lot of gold fits in there and I think most will say its probably best you find it yourself?

I widh I knew north tassie more butbi don't I'm sorry but there's gold there..

Good lucl

Wow I didn't think I'd need any where near that much gold :/ OK she may have to settle for what little I do have and can find in that time . or I'll just cut up gold leaf she won't know lol

I sell small vials with roughly 5 - 10 dots of gold and sell them for $5 at markets. Real gold is rare and small :)

If you want to fill the space, I guess gold leaf is still gold just pressed but I personally wouldn't want to mix it with my hard earned gold

A reasonable high-banker session will net you about a gram average give or take, so just get out there 19 more times before the wedding!!! :lol: :lol:

Mate I have the same vials but it will only take you 6 grams to fill it.i checked vial size from photo against mine and it's identical. Hope it helps :)

spikegold said:
Mate I have the same vials but it will only take you 6 grams to fill it.i checked vial size from photo against mine and it's identical. Hope it helps :)

That's heaps easier to get. I stuck 5c piece over your photo and measured the inside height and width and very roughly got 1.1 x 0.7 cm. So the volume from the measurement is .42 cm3 or around 8g of solid gold so looks like it's in the ballpark for 6g as spikegold said. It also means your vial looks around half the size you thought it was, but then I might not have had enough sleep :lol:
Jon

Now there's a simple way of doing it. Fill it to the bottom of the cork though as that's how much gold you would put in it.
Jon

It looks cooler if it's not to the brim, so ya can roll it around and see the different bits in there.
Pouring it out to look at and then funnelling back into tiny vial becomes hard work

Yeah...I'd 3/4 fill it, top up with distilled water, and glue the cork stopper in. Being suspended in fluid slows down it's movement and makes seeing the particles easier, in my opinion.

Latest posts