Flat or Round?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smithy42

Smithy
Reaction score
So as the subject says, is earth round or flat? I came across this site when a work mate was looking at it today.. I had a good chuckle couldn't take it serious, but people obviously really do.. What's everyone else's thoughts?

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/cms/

Cheers
Cody

There was a man in eighteen century Austrian Hungarian empire who was excommunicated from the church becouse he insisted that he got brother living in Australia. Australia could not exist according to flat Earth doctrine becouse it was on oposite side of Europe and people would fall out from it. That much for science.
Karl

Seems crazy, think I can even recall reading about someone many many times ago that was possibly executed cause of there theory of the world being a sphere.. And did also have info about the discovery of Australia long before anyone actually thought it was, think it had too do with the trip they went on too prove they could sail directly east from there location and end up back there coming from west.. If that makes sense too everyone aha have too look back up on, was very interesting.

Cheers
Cody

Launch a camera into space and you will see the earth is round and spherical due to the shading which the sun creates. Unless cameras contain some sort of glitch or the earths planar direction can constantly face the camera lens ( like a tree in wolfenstein 3d following the camera ) it just can't happen..

I also I think 50% of the world would have nearly the exact same sunlight cast upon it ( if its shape were planar / flat ) and then the other half would be in the shadow at the same time. Sunset and sunrise would almost seem instant using the theory rather than something that takes an hour or two...

The earth would not follow its current directional path and would flip flop and reverse on its axis a lot more from 'space weather changes'..

And if it were flat, then where is the 'core'.

I dunno..something along those lines. Stupid theory, good thread.. :lol:

As you said plenty of ways too prove the world is spherical, but some others have there own thoughts.. I don't know what they exactly mean when they say the earth is flat, but I did see lots mentioned about a "ice Wall".. Yes an ice wall at the face of the earth apparently...

But of course a ship that has set sail out too sea does not just disappear, but slowly drops away in till you only see the mast.. People observed this is and was only more proof that the earth being not flat.

And the science, gravity, physics etc I just can't see working on a flat earth, pretty sure there is experiments you could possibly even do at home too see why the planets are formed round (Just I guess from what I remember)

Cheers
Cody

AAHHHH poppy cock !!!

The world is just one cell filled with bacteria (humans etc) , in a universe of germ cells, that form a gastric infection in the guts of a very un happy master species that is just one of thousands maybe millions of super enormous creatures that have picked up a stomach bug and yes they do live on a flat endless world with fairy floss for clouds and if any of them do find the edge of their flat world they are instantly vaporized . ;) maybe :p

I cant believe it took them so long to figure out its round :rolleyes: if you go on a ship till you cant see land, the curve in the earth is obvious .

Latest posts