Fittings, Layflat, Suction hose for Highbankers..

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yass00_Au said:
G'day guys,

With the AUD declining against the Greenback this week I decided to have squiz at the American retailers and get in quick before we start declining further and see if I could save some money while the pickings where good and they where.. No Duty or GST on goods brought in under AUD $1000 providing it's not booze or ciggies..

See bellow as these guys where the cheapest..

http://www.speedwaysales.com/water-pumps-c-787.html?osCsid=1724cbaacc10994c0101c74c31dbcac6

Honda WX15 - USD $480..

Delivery to Australia - USD $105..

So once pump arrives I need to sort out fittings, layflat and suction hose lengths for highbanker. I have been trawling the net since yesterday but was wondering what you guys use and where you bought it?

Please feel free to post pics and brag hard :p

Cheers,

Ross

Did you have any trouble getting the NPT hose tails for the pump ?

aussie ones come with BSP

HeadsUp said:
yass00_Au said:
G'day guys,

With the AUD declining against the Greenback this week I decided to have squiz at the American retailers and get in quick before we start declining further and see if I could save some money while the pickings where good and they where.. No Duty or GST on goods brought in under AUD $1000 providing it's not booze or ciggies..

See bellow as these guys where the cheapest..

http://www.speedwaysales.com/water-pumps-c-787.html?osCsid=1724cbaacc10994c0101c74c31dbcac6

Honda WX15 - USD $480..

So once pump arrives I need to sort out fittings, layflat and suction hose lengths for highbanker. I have been trawling the net since yesterday but was wondering what you guys use and where you bought it?

Please feel free to post pics and brag hard :p

Cheers,

Ross

Hey HeadsUp,

I went with the Aussie BSP Camlock connections from eBay Seller connect_industrial (Hose Warehouse) However they do up only 2/3rds of the way on Pump inlet/outlet without issue but not the whole way, does anyone else have this issue?.. I think a bit of pluming tape wouldn't hurt as well and bobs your auntie ;)

Still haven't sorted suction hose yet so next on list.. I found a short length of vacuum cleaner hose but its only 1" so its no good.. I am really looking for something a little more flexible for the suction hose as the PVC stuff looks like it just wants to curl back up on its self, what alternatives do I have for suction hose?

Cheers,

Ross

I use the 1 1/2" white Pool hose ( thin, light, and strong) They sell it at any pool shop and it's cheap. I find a 2m section is all you need. They sell it by the metre.

Cheers Wal,

I've hooked mine up to 1" caravan sullage hose - different lengths that can click together. really light weight and goes into one of those hose bags the caravanners use

Am I heading for trouble with this stuff? I tried flat hose but it wants to bulge out and take up space else it kinks, the sullage hose just sits wherever you put it.

yass00_Au said:
HeadsUp said:
yass00_Au said:
G'day guys,

Honda WX15 - USD $480..

Hey HeadsUp,

I went with the Aussie BSP Camlock connections from eBay Seller connect_industrial (Hose Warehouse) However they do up only 2/3rds of the way on Pump inlet/outlet without issue but not the whole way, does anyone else have this issue?.. I think a bit of pluming tape wouldn't hurt as well and bobs your auntie ;)

Ross

To avoid problems with the NPT / BSPT fittings , can you find a mate with a BSPT thread die and give your threads a clean up ?

or hunt around with someone like BAT Industrial at Blacktown and see if they can get you camlocks with NPT threads , once they are on there you will be fine but dont try to force the BSP ones on to NPT threads coz they might get crossed or get metal pickup and seize on there.

hope you get a cheap fix for that , then "Bobs your aunties boyfriend"

HeadsUp said:
yass00_Au said:
HeadsUp said:

Hey HeadsUp,

Ross

To avoid problems with the NPT / BSPT fittings , can you find a mate with a BSPT thread die and give your threads a clean up ?

or hunt around with someone like BAT Industrial at Blacktown and see if they can get you camlocks with NPT threads , once they are on there you will be fine but dont try to force the BSP ones on to NPT threads coz they might get crossed or get metal pickup and seize on there.

hope you get a cheap fix for that , then "Bobs your aunties boyfriend"

Hi HeadsUp,

Yeah I soon found out the differences between NPT (National Pipe Taper) and BSP (British Standard Pipe) which to be honest I did not think about fittings compatibility before buying:

NPT and BSP threads are not compatible due to the differences in their thread forms, and not just the fact that
most diametrical sizes have a different pitch. NPT/NPS threads have a 60 included angle and have flattened peaks and valleys (this is a Sellers thread form); BSP threads have a 55 included angle and have rounded peaks and valleys (this is a Whitworth thread form) - Online source..

Nevertheless the BSP do up most of the way and pump is not a critical pressure machine so I used polyurethane as "cheap fix for that" on the inside to seal it once I had it on hand tight and the outer nut as well as apparently the 2 threads screw into each other but will not seal due to different in thread pitch which is not a real concern.. No biggie as I am not fussed at this stage, camlock seems robust so its on for life so if I ever need to take it off for any reason I will just cut away the polyurethane and unscrew, if it seizes well I will deal with it then.. If it did not screw on at all well then I would have had issues and sourced NTP fittings which I overlooked when comparing aussie prices, it was just too good of a deal.. So far so good, full steam ahead and can not wait for a weekend off to get out of the rat race and into the bush to fire up Walbanker :D

Cheers,

Ross

Hi Greg, Thanks mate have a look at the price difference

Had a look at duralirrigation.com.au
25MM PERCOLATING FIRE HOSE KIT
25mm x 30m with Stortz fittings = $356.47 free delivery

Bigger Boyz Toyz sells them for $69 free delivery
feature.jpg

Didnt look through the whole page. But I got the 38mm red layflat hose at $3.17 l/m. Probably the best price I have seen with 150psi working presure.

Greglz86 said:
Didnt look through the whole page. But I got the 38mm red layflat hose at $3.17 l/m. Probably the best price I have seen with 150psi working presure.

That sounds OK mate, they normally around $5 /m

Greglz86 said:
Just ordered some layflat hose and some camlock fittings from these guys
http://www.duralirrigation.com.au
I done some looking around and their prices seemed very fair. But what made it better is the free postage.
Just thought id share
Greg

Hay Greg,
You're a day too late!
That's great value, I bought one of these today in 40mm from Pirtek in Penrith, cost me $20.
200-200-part-d.jpg

Well after waiting a week for my stuff to arrive I still didnt receive them. I called them up with my transaction ID and they told me they were waiting for me to call.
Turns out they had my money but no information on what I ordered, my name, phone number or adress.
Must have been a computer glitch or something. It has now been two weeks since I ordered and only just recieved the parcel. Opened it to find that they had sent the bloody wrong sized camlockes :mad:
I called to fix it and the lady couldnt help. Currently waiting for a phone call to fix it. (If I get one)
Maybe there is a reason its cheaper :|
Regards greg

backcreek said:
Greglz86 said:
Just ordered some layflat hose and some camlock fittings from these guys
http://www.duralirrigation.com.au
I done some looking around and their prices seemed very fair. But what made it better is the free postage.
Just thought id share
Greg

Hay Greg,
You're a day too late!
That's great value, I bought one of these today in 40mm from Pirtek in Penrith, cost me $20.
http://www.duralirrigation.com.au/S...ng-Part-D-Aluminium/normal/200-200-part-d.jpg

http://www.tsvalves.com.au/products.php?cat=280

cheapest i found so far for camlocks out of all the industrial suppliers i use.

1383287925_t_amp_s_fittings.jpg

slowflow said:
Can't find the prices on that site, any guideance HeadsUp

prices are not shown on their website

those prices are from my invoices from previous purchases

they might give better discounts if they think you're from a business

email them for a quote

"Slowflow Irrigation Pty Ltd "

Where do you purchase light weight suction hose for the pump. The 1.5 on my small pump is too heavy and hard to pack into the car due to it's inflexibility. Thanks

alfagomma 267BE hose will roll up to a circle of around 340 mm diameter and it wont deform or crush under heavy duty hose clamps like the rubbish flexible hose that clarke rubber carry

the gray PVC suction hose you see on ebay is a mongrel thing to roll up so i got rid of mine and went the alfagomma , its lighter too

why do you need 2.5 inch ? the 1.5 inch or 38 mm is very flexible in that type.

NSW branch details below

John Sanchez
Sales Representative
Alfagomma Australia Pty Ltd
12 Healey Circuit, Huntingwood, Sydney, NSW 2148
Tel: (02) 9853 0900 Fax: (02) 9853 0949 Mob: 0400 479 717
Email: [email protected]
www.alfagomma.com

Latest posts