Fitting a trommel to hibanker

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys

I'm thinking of fitting a battery powered trommel to my hibanker.. has anyone done this ? Are there any legal issue's with this or is this a waste of time.. any imput very much appreciated :D

cant see any issue with legality depending on where your prospecting, any additional breakdown in material run through your banker is def a good thing.

Good luck, excellent plan, I've had my share of headaches with both types of equipment without putting them together. Put your thinking cap on and go for it. Perhaps sketching it up for critique of what your thinking of will give someone the opportunity to point you in the right direction , good knows i wish i had of consulted before building my trommel, everything looks easy but others will have trade the same path and can guide you to a better result. A couple of pa guys have different trommel arrangements under their belt. I eagerly await the end result.

Tige said:
Hi guys

I'm thinking of fitting a battery powered trommel to my hibanker.. has anyone done this ? Are there any legal issue's with this or is this a waste of time.. any imput very much appreciated :D

Just be on the careful side where u use any trommel that's mechanically driven by either electric or petrol power. They come under the mechanical process / classifier banner, even though you hand feed them, and if you get caught with one you will need a good explanation. Had a mate told by a ranger to pack his up, but he was in a very public location with it.

"Hand driven" trommels are used throughout the country, especially the dryer gemstone fields and are not targeted by the powers to be.

Cheers Wal.

Looks like a good idea, I reckon the agitators in the screening area wouldn't last long though.
Good luck on the build.
Brad...

There is no problem with running a trommel, that ranger was on his high horse. It's the same principle as a detector or a banker pan etc: your still moving pay by hand tools only..

Latest posts