First time with a 505

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Asked the geos today... they were both rattlin off all this mumbo jumbo....that i couldn't understand...both could not identify from the pictures.......both said could be some sort of slag....then both said not likely to be a meteorite...but i would not take their opinion to serious.....so still no answer for you SS....Sorry :/

Smoky bandit said:
Asked the geos today... they were both rattlin off all this mumbo jumbo....that i couldn't understand...both could not identify from the pictures.......both said could be some sort of slag....then both said not likely to be a meteorite...but i would not take their opinion to serious.....so still no answer for you SS....Sorry :/
Thats ok Smoky bandit, thanks for showing it. Although i don't know what it is, i'm pretty sure what it isn't, it has none of the characteristics of a meteor. I was leaning towards slag but the way it's fracturing into separate pieces pushes me away from this.

I've just had a really close look at some of the smaller shards, and when i move them different ways under the light little crystals glitter. Some of them are whitish, some are silver, some are green, some are blue, some are purple, some are copper, and some are yellowy gold. It seems as if the different colours congregate together in their own little areas or on different sides (faces) of the shards. Also the little shards are very sharp and would make good spear tips or cutting tools.

1477477971_dsc00710.jpg
1477478005_dsc00712.jpg

i'll get a pic tomorrow,gotta find the camera. I've just come down to the bottom end for work for the week, bought the 505 along for the ride as i'm working where i can here the waves washing on the beach :) will try to get a couple of hours in each night after work, pretty stoked to get a ring in only my 3rd outing treasure hunting. Need to find some info on which parts of the beach to look.

Latest posts