First real swing

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trace

Tracie
Reaction score
Had a detect in my inlaws old yard and found 5 one cent pieces 2 x2 cents 1x sixpence 3x half penny's 1x penny and a old match box car I will put a photo up when I clean them up. :)

Fantastic results especially being your first "real" swing, so well drone Trace. Hopefully the goods keep on coming and I'm looking forward to the photo when you get a chance to put one up.

Nugget.

Toothbrush and a little soap. Be very gentle. DO NOT EVER use sauce, vinegar, coke, etc on coppers

On the silver, use a little bicarb after you toothbrush it.

Coppers? a bit of laundry liquid on a toothbrush to date them then i save them up and just tumble them, after making sure there arnt any key dates, silvers i make bicarb into a paste and rub them between my fingers

shilling3.jpg

Wow is that one of those old Citroen cars?awsome dinky there!great finds for sure,,well done,,cant wait to find my first matchbox car!
:D

Great work Trace. Good cross section of finds. Gotta love the sixpence. Does it have a "PL" under the ribbon? If so it was minted by the Royal Mint-London. Just a little bit of history for you.

The car is a Citroen police car it fell apart when I washed it the mud was holding it together. Plan on hitting the front yard next weekend I got all that in the back yard in 2 hours. Scoopa it does have a PL on it thanks for the info I'm new to coins but find it very interesting.

Good work Trace, hope the coppers turn to silver and silvers become gold for you! Nice work, great spread of years there, no doubt a few of those coins may have been yours from back in the day!

Cheers, Tone

Latest posts