First gold for 2014 & with the GPX5000

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Only been out twice this year & scored my first bits with the GPX5000 + stock 11" mono today.
First trip out to Hill End was a bit of a learning curve. After the first half hour I was struggling to be honest. Never used a GPX before & was having trouble getting it to settle. Was in some reasonably mineralised ground & there were storms brewing in the distance. Glad to say after a quick break & rethink I managed to settle it down to enjoy a couple of hours detecting. No gold but charmed this little fella with my hypnotic swinging :lol:

After seeing how curious this little bloke was I don't know if the pulse would scare a snake away :/

Got out for the second trip today with a local mate who helped me refine my settings even more & the 5000 ran great.
So good I managed to ping a couple of nice little bits - 1 x 1.06gram & 1 x 0.63gram.

Top stuff mbasko, I said this is the year of the nugget and i am glad its come your way as well. :)

Yes mbasko, great find :) and the water dragon probably brought you good luck mate.

your all over it mate, your jar will be soon full of those yellow bits. they are an amazing machine.

Think of all the gold you will find this year, when you get used to the 5000, way to go man..nice little nuggs!!

Thanks all.
They are a great machine - looking forward to more outings & more rattles in the jar :D

Latest posts