first crack at leather belt.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reefer

Ross Langlands
Reaction score
Well people, This is my youngest son Shaun's belt.He chose the colour red for the' buck stitching'..and wanted a stainless steel buckle! I added the white on either side of the 'Gilt' studs. The fixed keeper and the running one is 'GILT' as well as the end piece :D . There is so much to learn when it comes to leatherwork but I'm hoping he will like it.So that's about it.
1621683657_20210522_205044.jpg

reefer said:
Well people, This is my youngest son Shaun's belt.He chose the colour red for the' buck stitching'..and wanted a stainless steel buckle! I added the white on either side of the 'Gilt' studs. The fixed keeper and the running one is 'GILT' as well as the end piece :D . There is so much to learn when it comes to leatherwork but I'm hoping he will like it.So that's about it.https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/775/1621683657_20210522_205044.jpg
First crack at it looks pretty good to me. Well done.
I'd hate to think what mine would look like first go, probably Hill Billy Jethro Clampet style!

1621734655_img_0798.jpg

This belt was made by a guy that I worked with . It is 1 mt long and about 35 m.m. wide . It is like new and was only used for going out . Unfortunately I can no longer use it ....... It was all hand stamped . Shaun can have it for $20 and free postage . It is something he can copy . I think you can buy the leather stamps . If Shaun does not want it , it is $40 for anybody else , free postage . Pay by Paypal .

Thank you so much for the offer Mike678...UnfortunatelyShaun takes a size 44inch..which leaves him short by about 100mm. Beautiful belt though just the same.
Regards, Rossco. :Y: :cool:

I thank you on Shaun's behalf Greenhornet_au ;) BUT!...He didn't make it...I did... :eek: hehe LMAO...The Family and Friends refer to me as Rossco... :cool: Shaun is my youngest son :D...But you're dead right mate...It is literally hundreds of little things that go to make the whole. It's very time consuming and demands close attention and a clear mind...something that I am yet to achieve! :lol: Once again thank you for your appreciation of just how much goes into it and Ifeel very much encouraged as a result.
Kind Regards...Reefer.

T is my belt.It follows along with the red Buck stitch ...but I added a brass keeper instead of making one up from leather.
I thought I'd add a little 'bling' by having a go at some cross-stitching :rolleyes: :lol: ...I can't remember how many times I had to undo the blessed wretch of a job for putting the white over the red.!... And could have made them a lot more uniform in size if ...I had used a straight-edge.... :beer: It's Ken's fault..he stood me up so I drank his share as well! :lol: :lol: The thing is full of symbolism in that the red Buck stitch on the sides is for the Illawarra, The red over the white is taken from our family crest which includes a white shield and three red stars...the three red 'stars' are depicted on the centre-back of the belt in the form of three gold studs! :lol: :lol: :lol: ...Iknow ...Iknow ...I'm bloody crazy!...but I needed the practice..and if it's the last thing I ever do..well I'm laugh'n.
1622118553_my_belt_1.jpg
his

reefer said:
This is my belt.It follows along with the red Buck stitch ...but I added a brass keeper instead of making one up from leather.
I thought I'd add a little 'bling' by having a go at some cross-stitching :rolleyes: :lol: ...I can't remember how many times I had to undo the blessed wretch of a job for putting the white over the red.!... And could have made them a lot more uniform in size if ...I had used a straight-edge.... :beer: It's Ken's fault..he stood me up so I drank his share as well! :lol: :lol: The thing is full of symbolism in that the red Buck stitch on the sides is for the Illawarra, The red over the white is taken from our family crest which includes a white shield and three red stars...the three red 'stars' are depicted on the centre-back of the belt in the form of three gold studs! :lol: :lol: :lol: ...Iknow ...Iknow ...I'm bloody crazy!...but I needed the practice..and if it's the last thing I ever do..well I'm laugh'n.https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/775/1622118553_my_belt_1.jpg
Sorry mate but the BT50 broke again dident get out of the driveway on the way to Optus so not good all round

your bloody joking!....now what...viewers of my last post will realise Ihave posted the wrong photo...very sorry!...will try and find the right one...which seems to have saved somewhere of it's own....Jeez Ken....this is just not on mate....I'm not gonna tell you what you should do...only what I would do if I were you...which I'm not. you might like to chat tomorrow...when you're up to it...time for plan...ahh is it c ...or d... :cool: chin up mate....seems like a bloody nightmare you are going through mate...this is totally untenable Ken...

Thanks Manpa...learning more about leather with every belt I do...the next series of one's I do will I think be a huge leap ahead,since I discovered that the leather is much more receptive of cutting and stamping if it's wet!..A long known technique among professionals but a complete Revelation to me! :lol:

Latest posts