Finds with the Tesoro

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi went out this evening for an hour or so this time with my little Tesoro. Picked up these 2 nice little silver rings.
1457692172_image.jpg

Is that what it is Heatho, I will take them both to local police station, they may be reported lost.
It would be good if they are reunited with their owners. The fun is in the finding.

Combined value of those are about $100 Saltytom, do what you think is best mate, would be good to re-unite someone with their lost rings.

Don't forget to get a receipt from the police as these will be your rings if they are not claimed within about 2 months. All the best with it. :)

I took them to local policestation, she took them off me and wrote details on scrap of paper, no receipt.
Said if not claimed I would get a call I about a month.
Does that sound right ?

Ive not handed anything in before, in hindsight I should have asked for a reciept, oh well let's hope all works out for the best.
I would have thought it would have been longer than a month.

At least you have photos,... go back in and ask for a receipt,... don't make a fuss though ,... just call the police ombudsman if you get fobbed,... the may just catch a nasty piece of work right in amongst themselves ,... don't sound quite right to me. ;)

Ask for the job number on it as well. ;) ( from the ombudsman that is). :D

Nice finds on the rings, though that doesn't sound like standard procedure for recovered items. For all you know she may have worn them home with no offical record taken or receipt given, very strange. :|

Hi just spoke to police assistance line. Said they used to give receipts but now it is loged in to computer. I can get a receipt number if I want. I don't think a cop would risk all for a few $ of silver.

Latest posts