Finds from PushingTin

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found a coin at an eroded part of the beach yesterday, it was completely covered with another layer of hard crust from being at the beach so long. There was no way of telling what the coin was until I tried cleaning off the crust, which in turn would naturally destroy the coin. I went ahead anyways and although it is damaged, at least I know what I found - a 1915 3 Pence. That had been there a while - makes the coin 100 years old. Sadly nothing else good was found.

1433513553_1915coin.jpg

1433513553_1915coin2.jpg

Half Crowns have been around for over 400 years only South Africa and Ireland calls them 2 1/2 shillings the English just know them as half crown they have been mint since 1526 by Henry the VIII nice find anyway.
db

Thanks for all the comments! I am moving to Australia at the end of this month, so my South African finds will be coming to an end but I do look forward to seeing what finds await in Australia :)

Hopefully I get to meet some of you fine folk too :cool:

Mikezoom said:
Where abouts are you going to live?

Going to be based in Perth, however first need to do a 3 month stay in Melbourne but I wont be able to detect during those 3 months as I won't have my detector with me in Melbourne.

Latest posts