findin the yellow

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golddoctor

jason
Reaction score
Gday all just though id start an update on my goldin adventures.Ive found alot of good spots around myrtleford and surroundin areas.I get about 4-10 hours a week sluicing and panning and can get between 1-4grams.I use a highbanker,angus sluice and a turbo pan.probably could get alot more if i go harder but get destracted by going of pannin new spots oh well.going out tmorrow again for a full day will post some picks some pics of my clean up.

Hey gold doctor.......diagnosis, gold fever. Hope you continue to strike it lucky.

Best of luck for tomorrow and I look forward to seeing how you go.

golddoctor said:
Gday all just though id start an update on my goldin adventures.Ive found alot of good spots around myrtleford and surroundin areas.I get about 4-10 hours a week sluicing and panning and can get between 1-4grams.I use a highbanker,angus sluice and a turbo pan.probably could get alot more if i go harder but get destracted by going of pannin new spots oh well.going out tmorrow again for a full day will post some picks some pics of my clean up.

I cant wait to see some of your finds. Good luck mate and post some photos.

Well back on board and thought id give you an update on how i went.got to my spot at about 8.30am friday all was going well had the angus set up workin beautyfull also had the highbanker set up for a hrd tilt if the gold was there in quantity till about 11.30am and who should come along yep none other the a dse guy.started reading me the riot act about how it was aganst the law to dredge and how i was going to go to court and lose my gear and lose my car.I said i was not dredging it was a highbanker and was not againt the law but he wasnt having a bar of it and called his supervisor out an hour later he turned up he fidnt no what was going one either as he had know idea of prospecting laws as he put it.after a few more choice words feom both sides i suggested they take a couple of pics and send them to sumone who could tell them what i was doing was ok.They did and half an hour later they buggered of without saying a word .

Good to see the ( I know what I'm talking about ) d.s.e.
Once again show they are incapable of knowing the law.
It's not the first time and it won't be the last.

I have had to do the same thing in the past. More than once.
These days I take a list of exempt rivers and a map. Also to show I am not prospecting an area
I shouldn't. One day they might read there book of laws and get it right.

Yeh maye i knew more than those two.but got some nice gold and ive got pics just have to resize them,having a little trouble with though anyone got any ideas

Hi Golddoctor,
Your situation may have gotten out of hand a bit too quickly but if I come across a DSE/Ranger I try to get in a quick question about some obscure area within the current location ..... the new blokes usually don't have a clue (and tell you so) while the resident local guy will know it all ... give the new blokes a bit of leeway (some of them need it).
Most have been happy to see a licence and go about there business.
Maybe your bloke just got out of the wrong side of the bed that morning.
Cheers Tom

That's a great Idea Ramjet :)
I don't mind carrying one in my pocket just to prevent those mindless drone from taking my car and equipment because they think they can :mad:

I feel your prostration golddoctor,,

Cheers,
"B"

Gold689 said:
That's a great Idea Ramjet :)
I don't mind carrying one in my pocket just to prevent those mindless drone from taking my car and equipment because they think they can :mad:

I feel your prostration golddoctor,,

Cheers,
"B"

I have my fossicking permit in my phone.
Think I'll add the NSW regs as well.
Always have it with me.

As I said. I always have a map of the area I'm in. I high light the rivers and creeks in green that are not on the exempt list. And high light the others in red that are or in national park.
Always have my miners rights with me and a printout of the prospecting laws in the car just incase there is confusion, to try and provent the situation from getting out of hand.
Most of the time parks, d.p.i. and d.s.e. are more than happy to have a chat and sometimes point you to an area you may not know about. They are most of the time more interested in what you are doing and just want to see some gold.
I even had one park ranger help me move spots and dig with me for over an hour because he didn't belive the spot I was in was payable. Pitty he was wrong :8
But the spot he likes did pay also.

Then there are the guys, with a complex, or (got out of bed the wrong side) so to speak
That think they are right. I have had a few arguments with them in the past for them to only be proven wrong.
Then they leave with out saying a word to go find someone else to take there bad day out on
That probably when they found you Doc. Sorry :)

Latest posts