howdy

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
gday everyone,

after watching every single gold show possible on discovery channel it seemed that i wanted to try and get some myself haha i live in northeast melbourne, havnt got any gear at all yet, was thinking of buying a pan and a small sluice. any recomendations that wont burn a huge hole?

also any good spots would help

i go to broadford alot and was wondering if anyone has panned the sunday creek? i did some reaserch and found that it used to be a gold town and that was discoverd?

thanks
liam

also am not to sure on weather if i want to setup for sluicing/panning or start metal dectecting! so hard to decide

Start simple, learn the basics of panning, do lots of research, get out there and good luck

Welcome Liam, the Garrett a deluxe pan kit is a good starting point for beginners it has all the basics and a little book with some tips. It's about $90 I think. It comes with a few pans , but my favorite one is the Garrett super sluice pan.
If you get good at panning you can go about as quick as a river sluice, and you need to be sable to pan your concentrates anyhow.

DD

thanks for the reply!

where abouts can i go about picking one of those up diggerdude?

ive been looking on ebay but not totally sure on what to buy. does anyone pan around diamond creek st andrews way? or is it just worth me going for a hour or sop dfrive to somewhere?
thanks

Latest posts