finally found the spot

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep that spot close to your chest. Great mix of old coins in great shape and really, really old coins still in good condition. :Y: :Y: :Y:

cleaning done amid a few other jobs i had to do and the numbers are :
penny 1939

1/2 pennies

sixpences

threepence's
seem to be quite a few coins in the 1943 date turning up ???
some of these small silvers look to of been lost not long after they were circulated as in not much wear from use just stored underground.
johno
1532596537_20180726_190701_resized.jpg

texta said:
i have been trying to pinpoint this exact spot for a few years now , i knew roughly where within a few hundred acres but because of grass and a few other things it has taken me that long to narrow it down and today i hit it was tecting for just under 2 hours . the 705 was ringing out plenty of 46's which turned out to be very rusty old flip off bottle tops and after digging about 30 of them i stopped digging any 46 signals but anyway i did get ( i think , yet to be cleaned ) .
4 halpenny's
2 shillings
3 sixpence's
and 3 threepence's
a tiny button ,a few bullets a little thing that looks like it came off a pocket watch and the normal bits of wire ,i was hampered by my pin pointer playing up and also the grass has clumps of tall wiry stuff that the cattle won't touch so its a matter of trying to detect between it, so i am probably only covering 1/3 of the ground at best.
anyway dont matter this new spot will keep me busy for quite a long time i think .
johno
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...es/192/1532502624_20180725_165202_resized.jpg .
Hopefully an act of God will start a small fire for you there someday so you can get to the other 2 thirds.

i hope not cos i am on the rural brigade for that area and i would have to go fight the bl**dy fire .
johno

texta said:
i hope not cos i am on the rural brigade for that area and i would have to go fight the bl**dy fire .
johno

Sounds like the spot needs to be added to the prescribed burn list.

Latest posts