finally found the spot

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i have been trying to pinpoint this exact spot for a few years now , i knew roughly where within a few hundred acres but because of grass and a few other things it has taken me that long to narrow it down and today i hit it was tecting for just under 2 hours . the 705 was ringing out plenty of 46's which turned out to be very rusty old flip off bottle tops and after digging about 30 of them i stopped digging any 46 signals but anyway i did get ( i think , yet to be cleaned ) .
4 halpenny's
2 shillings
3 sixpence's
and 3 threepence's
a tiny button ,a few bullets a little thing that looks like it came off a pocket watch and the normal bits of wire ,i was hampered by my pin pointer playing up and also the grass has clumps of tall wiry stuff that the cattle won't touch so its a matter of trying to detect between it, so i am probably only covering 1/3 of the ground at best.
anyway dont matter this new spot will keep me busy for quite a long time i think .
johno
1532502624_20180725_165202_resized.jpg

Great result on the silvers, gooig by what you mentioned there could still be a fair few coins waiting to be discovered. :Y:

did not get any off my bucket list though .
still yet to find any sov or any kinda crown or a gothic flory..........
.......................................................................................
.........................keep looking they must be out there some where .

johno

Congrats!

Great to seek and find and persevere.

It's also great to go back to a place a few times.

just could not help it i went out again today for a few hours , mainly because i know i cant get out there tomorrow and probably not over the weekend either so i thought i would have another crack .
never did quite as good as yesterday as in no bigger silvers but still not to bad .
looks like
1 penny
2 half penny
3 sixpence
4 threepence
also got an ear ring and some strange pointer looking thing no idea what it is could be off a clock but seen to heavy to be that maybe some kind of gauge .
clean em later the little silvers look to be not as badly worn as a couple of yesterdays were so probably not as old maybe.
johno
1532590786_20180726_172825_resized.jpg

What a dream site, it is giving up some great coins - love that 1874 shilling. Good to see your research paying dividends. :Y:

Latest posts