Finally found my first gold!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After 4 or 5 failed sluicing attempts, i headed back to a small creek nearby and had a go at crevicing.
I dug into the crevices for about 2 hours and panned out the sand/stones/mud which i had extracted.
I managed to find about 25 specs of gold!! I must have looked like a real tool when i found the first small spec, luckily nobody else was around hahaha
Anyway i know its not much, probably not enough to even buy a beer but it is my first gold ive found!
I will definitely be going back sometime soon for another crack!
1391582663_017.jpg

Congrats mate...the first bit is always the hardest...but now at least the jar is on it's way to filling.

Cheers Wal

Ahhh brings back memories. Three years ago I was just like you, so excited and that is where the addiction begins.

Now, I'm still chasing my first ounce. But I will get there.

Great work mate!!!

Cheers guys, it was such a thrill! Its in a small vial and my 5 year old has already declared it hers! :mad:
Good excuse to get back out there and find some more i guess :p

Well done Boyd. As Wal said, the first find is the hardest, dont worry you will stop grinning in about a week or so..

Cheers, Tone

Congrats,

Crevices, natures own sluice!

I was the same about 4 weeks ago. Could not believe the colour of the first spec in the green Garrett pan. Great feeling!

Well done!!! seeing that first gold is one of the most exciting things ive ever had happen to me! even though it was specks! knowing its waited possibly millions of years just for you to come along and give it a home is amazing. congrats!

Well done BW,
Now just a matter of locating similar locations in creeks and that ounce will be history, I'm sure there will be more in the area.
Like you can't wait to get back to last location I got colour from ... trouble is NO WATER and HEATWAVE conditions coming our way in Vic.
Stay cool, Tom

Nicely done BW!

There's no excitement quite like that of finding your first gold (or gemstone). Looking forward to hearing about that first rich crevice you find out there :D

All the best and take care out there.
Shauno.

Awesome, well done!

I remember my first gold, it was an accident! I was sieving for sapphires and got into a really good deep hole with tons of blackjack and tin, and thought: "if there's any gold in this creek, it's going to be in a hole like this..." I panned a shovelful and got a picker and a dozen or so little flakes... I was hooked from then on!

Latest posts