Favourite beer

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Since Im into home brewing using all grain methods and love drinking beer whats everyones favourite beers?
On a stinking hot day I love cold lagers such as Tooheys, Stella or Peroni. As for ales Stone and Wood pacific ale, James Squire golden ale or Fat Yak are up there I reckon. Im just about to brew a golden ale but the wife loves Aussie lagers like Tooheys and 4 x so thats whats in the fermenter now. Must keep the other half happy. Cheers.

XXXX Gold.

Its like putting sanctions Queensland, remember Blues supporters, every can of gold you drink, is 1 less for a Queenslander!

Sadly now I am diabetic I generally stick with Pure Blond, because it is very low carb. I like pilsners like Pilsner Urquell or the original Budweiser Budvar from the Czech Republic. Nothing at all like the horrible American stuff with the same name.

I went to a mates place last Saturday, and he has a full brewing setup with two temperature controlled fermenters and beer on tap. He makes lager style beers that are outstanding.

StoneTheCrows said:
No beer for me - Vodka (any sort any time)

I think this is going to be a looong thread though.
Never could stomach beer but nowadays don't mind a couple of XXXX,but then it's Vodka for me as well.Got a bottle of Belvedere here to crack open on a special occasion.

Not really a beer drinker. I dont mind a vodka now and again though.
I used to really enjoy the angry juice (bundy rum) but i had to knock that on the head

Yes Pilsener Urqell is very nice, a lager is perhaps the hardest beer to brew very subtle no room for error. A temp controller cost $20 bux on eBay and is a must have for fermenting different yeasts at preferred temps, simply plugged into a fridge as you say DRDuck. Cheers

Cold beer . Nice

When I live in Qld usually had tooheys new , but in Vic. It tastes shizenhausen .....

Cold VB , great northern are up there

Crown lager gives me a headache.....lol

Of the foreign ones , Tsingtao

Furphy on tap is good , sometimes its $6 a pint :D

The fallback is XXXX Gold - if in doubt I'll just have a Gold now.
I like a bit of variety though. Coronas, Pure Blonde, James Boags Premium, Asahi Super Dry.... usually grab something different if we're away on holidays etc.
Tried a few craft beers & the pale ales always seem to be good.
Last couple of cartons have been Great Northern. Goes down well icy cold on a hot day - in fact most do :D

If I start on a beer I find it hard to swap over to another - seem to get the "taste" for whatever I'm drinking.

Nothing like sitting in a bar by the Mekong with a big cold Lao draught. When at home I brew my own and put it in a 50 ltr keg which sits inside a fridge that I bought s/h for 25 bucks. A hole in the side for gas and a tap in the door. Luxury. Furphy takes some beating for a pub beer, and for DYR either Coopers or Briggalo, which is sold by Big W.