f1a4

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi there, im a newby to posting on this forum but have read lots of interesting and useful things on here, thanks for the hints and tips to all. i have an f1a4 with a coiltek 14 inch goldstalker mono coil and its mind blowing how deep i can find nails, so if anyone wants to buy any historical nails, i have bucket loads of them, CHEAP! ;) havent found any gold yet but thats probably because of limited access to nuggety areas close to hervey bay. if anyone can help in that department, id be eternally grateful, cheers

Welcome to the forum mate. I am sure some one local to you will point you in the right direction. Good luck with the yellow stuff. :)

G'day and welcome naildigger. The nearest area with nugget would be Glendon and those 2 new fossicking down that way. I've been hearing a lot of good stories about the f1a4, good machine for the price. Good luck with the search for the yellow.
:) Mick

thanks beagle boy and axeman, i appreciate the welcome. my f1a4 has surprised me at how sensitive it is, have found plenty of relics and artifacts with it (and old nails haha), and it is very stable in mineralised ground. the threshold is very quiet with the 14 inch coiltek goldstalker and it detects approx twice as deep as the stock army coil. after using my brothers sd2100e, im very happy with the f1a4. as close to switch on and go as you could hope for. i also have an old minelab musketeer xs with a 15inch coiltek coil which continues to surprise me with coins etc on the beach, its a good machine for its age and old technology. ive had a bit of a look around the kilkivan area but havent found any land owners that agreed to prospecting on their land yet. i might have to head down to glendon for a look see as i have an uncle in inglewood who might know a few local farmers with prospectable land. cant wait to detect that 1st nugget to add to my nail collection! ;)

thanks jaros, im sure i will enjoy this forum, so much info and like-minded people sharing their ideas, its gotta be good! cheers

naildigger said:
hi there, im a newby to posting on this forum but have read lots of interesting and useful things on here, thanks for the hints and tips to all. i have an f1a4 with a coiltek 14 inch goldstalker mono coil and its mind blowing how deep i can find nails, so if anyone wants to buy any historical nails, i have bucket loads of them, CHEAP! ;) havent found any gold yet but thats probably because of limited access to nuggety areas close to hervey bay. if anyone can help in that department, id be eternally grateful, cheers
------and then you can change you "name". ;)

Welcome to the forum naildigger, love the name. Just hope that if the missus also detects, that her name isn't "Pull Tab" :) I'm sure that the first nugget will be just around the corner, and the info you get from the forum will certainly help steer you in the right direction. Best of luck out there, and look forward to chatting amongst the threads.

Cheers Wal.

Latest posts