Evolution Is A Revolution For Me.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wanted to give the Evolution 17 x 13 coil a big vote from myself. I took it to WA late last year and it was too heavy on my 5000 and didn't give it much of a try to be honest but this year have persisted and I now love it.
Its not too big getting in and amongst the bracken and shrubs in the GT so far at least, and it has some punch. I must have it tuned pretty well because the 5000 and this coil are dynamite together. Its amazing in shallow and deep ground and its pinpoint ability is the best I have had so far.
I have tried most coils inc the 14 x 9 nuggetfinder the 12" round nuggetfinder the sadie on and on. This coil leaves them all for dead in my opinion.
Once I set up my harness and hip stick and bungie correctly I never noticed the extra weight and I was away detecting comfortably.
I spoke earlier before I bought it to a respected detectorist ( I think so anyway) and he said that this coil and the 5000 were as close to a Z as you can get.
I don't have a Z but I am very happy. I picked up a .2 and a specie on the weekend from ground I have covered before as a trial with the coil and I cant wait to get back there and do the whole area.
I bought the coil also from advice and from Phase tech, and he wasn't wrong either.
This combo is way lighter than a Z and I reckon for the money , good value in comparison.
I strongly think that my new combo will invigorate my desire to swing and to find more gold.

GT :) :Y:

goldtruck59 said:
Hi all,

Just wanted to give the Evolution 17 x 13 coil a big vote from myself. I took it to WA late last year and it was too heavy on my 5000 and didn't give it much of a try to be honest but this year have persisted and I now love it.
Its not too big getting in and amongst the bracken and shrubs in the GT so far at least, and it has some punch. I must have it tuned pretty well because the 5000 and this coil are dynamite together. Its amazing in shallow and deep ground and its pinpoint ability is the best I have had so far.
I have tried most coils inc the 14 x 9 nuggetfinder the 12" round nuggetfinder the sadie on and on. This coil leaves them all for dead in my opinion.
Once I set up my harness and hip stick and bungie correctly I never noticed the extra weight and I was away detecting comfortably.
I spoke earlier before I bought it to a respected detectorist ( I think so anyway) and he said that this coil and the 5000 were as close to a Z as you can get.
I don't have a Z but I am very happy. I picked up a .2 and a specie on the weekend from ground I have covered before as a trial with the coil and I cant wait to get back there and do the whole area.
I bought the coil also from advice and from Phase tech, and he wasn't wrong either.
This combo is way lighter than a Z and I reckon for the money , good value in comparison.
I strongly think that my new combo will invigorate my desire to swing and to find more gold.

Nice write up GT,
I am considering getting another coil for my 5000 myself.I am looking at the round NF 15 and the 14 Coiltek elite but sounds like the 17 x 13 may be worth a look :Y:
Cheers,
Pete.

I have the 17 x 13 Elite, great coil as well, excellent ground coverage , I usually pull it out when covering large flat areas.

With coils they all behave different some coils work well on some detectors and on another play up
, between the 2 17inch elliptical the best thing if you can try before you buy. I had a 14x7 great coil on my detector lent it to a friend and he could not use it :Y: regards john

Best coil is the one you find gold with...ie:the one you get used to. The 17 x 13...if you can handle the size is prob the most popular coil on the market today...with very good reason.

PMac77 said:
goldtruck59 said:
Hi all,

Nice write up GT,
I am considering getting another coil for my 5000 myself.I am looking at the round NF 15 and the 14 Coiltek elite but sounds like the 17 x 13 may be worth a look :Y:
Cheers,
Pete.

Hi Pete,

Yes I was confused and thinking of hanging up the lot of my coils !!! My outfit was not balanced and didn't sit right with me. Like I said I spoke to a couple of good people and I was convinced the 17 x 13 was the answer. I reckon its not for everyone as its heavy but if you work on the means to lighten it, I found it very worth while. All coils find gold but once you have waved it a million times and dug 5,000 holes you get a vibe for what feels right and I think I am now capable in finding anything that I have found before with all my collection of coils and then some with my 5000 and the new 17 x 13 evolution.
This is my opinion and mine alone that I share. Coils are a confusing thing and most rush off with every new release. I think time waving the bloody thing is the key as to your choice of coil that balances your rig. Experience has at least taught me that and talking to people that know their stuff helped me make the choice in my case. Time will tell if it pays off. Half the battle is being comfortable and happy and I am that for now!.

GT :)

goldtruck59 said:
PMac77 said:
goldtruck59 said:
Hi all,

Nice write up GT,
Cheers,
Pete.

Hi Pete,

Yes I was confused and thinking of hanging up the lot of my coils !!! My outfit was not balanced and didn't sit right with me. Like I said I spoke to a couple of good people and I was convinced the 17 x 13 was the answer. I reckon its not for everyone as its heavy but if you work on the means to lighten it, I found it very worth while. All coils find gold but once you have waved it a million times and dug 5,000 holes you get a vibe for what feels right and I think I am now capable in finding anything that I have found before with all my collection of coils and then some with my 5000 and the new 17 x 13 evolution.
This is my opinion and mine alone that I share. Coils are a confusing thing and most rush off with every new release. I think time waving the bloody thing is the key as to your choice of coil that balances your rig. Experience has at least taught me that and talking to people that know their stuff helped me make the choice in my case. Time will tell if it pays off. Half the battle is being comfortable and happy and I am that for now!.

GT :)

If the coil has helped keep you in the game mate I think its worth it just for that reason alone :Y: Plus the confidence you have in it sounds like a winner to me all round.

Thanks,
Pete

Latest posts