Equinox 800 vs XP ORX

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys so im kinda tossing up between the equinox 800 and the xp orx .Have any of you guys used these machines before or both and know how they compare to each other ?.Any insight would be greatly appreciated .

the big question what to get? An XP ORX or an Equinox 800? I will be mainly coin/relic detecting with the odd gold prospecting now and then. I know the XP ORX does OK in the WA goldfields and is a great machine for both uses. I know the Equinox does great on coin and relics but don't know how it goes in the gold fields of WA. Any one had experience with both machines ?

Haven't seen the ORX in action but I know that the equinox is a noisy bugger in gold mode in mineralized Tassie ground. Can't fault it as a coin and relic machine but even then it's a bit challenging in red dirt. Reckon Westoz adventures tried the nox and gave up on gold prospecting with it pretty quickly.

Im a minelab man but I was playing with a orx not too long ago , I know I will cop crap over my next comment . The orx runs rings around the the equinox

Danny13 said:
Im a minelab man but I was playing with a orx not too long ago , I know I will cop crap over my next comment . The orx runs rings around the the equinox

Probably a fair comment. Orx is a good deal. Never used one though. Nox is a pain on certain ground in vic, but can find gold. Its asking a lot have a machine to do both.

Latest posts