Enfield Vic information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its free to use by the way comes with the aus Topo250 the purchase is for the additional software /3d rendering and maps

G0lddigg@ said:
its free to use by the way comes with the aus Topo250 the purchase is for the additional software /3d rendering and maps

Free? How do you get it for free?

I have a Licence for memory Map on my home PC, My Samsung galaxy phone and on an Asus 7" tablet that lives on the dashboard.
combined with the Vic topo maps it is awesome.
Research at home, can mark the maps with places, add tracks, text then sync with the tablet for when I am out in the field.
Just make sure the tablet you use has a fully functional GPS receiver.

A flyover of Enfield by the maker of the maps posted above, if you have a poke around his u tube uloads he has some footage of
Enfield gold,

[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqovjBbw_rY[/video]

I should have asked - are you using it on ipad or a GPS? :D I have no idea about these things as I have never used one.

Beagleboy said:
I should have asked - are you using it on ipad or a GPS? :D I have no idea about these things as I have never used one.

We are both in the same boat. I will row and you can steer :) if you like - lol

Redfin said:
I have a Licence for memory Map on my home PC, My Samsung galaxy phone and on an Asus 7" tablet that lives on the dashboard.
combined with the Vic topo maps it is awesome.
Research at home, can mark the maps with places, add tracks, text then sync with the tablet for when I am out in the field.
Just make sure the tablet you use has a fully functional GPS receiver.

A flyover of Enfield by the maker of the maps posted above, if you have a poke around his u tube uloads he has some footage of
Enfield gold,

[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqovjBbw_rY[/video]

i think the best thing is having your gps on whilst walking about in new ground then coming home and looking where you,ve been :)

i think the best thing is having your gps on whilst walking about in new ground then coming home and looking where you,ve been :)

I have a pair of Garmin Rino 650's for the footwork.
unfortunately memory map is not compatible with Garmin, so I have to enter points manually.

Redfin said:

I have a pair of Garmin Rino 650's for the footwork.
unfortunately memory map is not compatible with Garmin, so I have to enter points manually.

why not install memory map on your phone mate?

loamer said:
G0lddigg@ said:
why pay for shipping loamer you can get it half price and get it now by downloading it.

Single licence issues.

how so mate? .... to use any of the maps you have to login to your account on the device anyway, are you saying you get unlimted device with the dvd? if so thats cool might have to move this thread over to maps soon
1396927188_topo.png

I have, although the GPS works fine on the phone, there is no coverage where we go.

The Garmin Rino 650 allows us to talk to each other via UHF, see each others position and movements live, and send
each other text messages via satellite at no cost [ no data or phone coverage required]

Redfin said:

I have, although the GPS works fine on the phone, there is no coverage where we go.

The Garmin Rino 650 allows us to talk to each other via UHF, see each others position and movements live, and send
each other text messages via satellite at no cost [ no data or phone coverage required]

makes sense:)

G0lddigg@ said:
loamer said:
G0lddigg@ said:
why pay for shipping loamer you can get it half price and get it now by downloading it.

Single licence issues.

how so mate? .... to use any of the maps you have to login to your account on the device anyway, are you saying you get unlimted device with the dvd? if so thats cool might have to move this thread over to maps soon
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/357/1396927188_topo.png

Yeah - I see what you mean but me being an IT dumbkoff - I really liked the no hassles approach of a DVD (that's what the ad said anyway :p ). In any event, its still a cracking piece of prospectors kit.

G0lddigg@ said:
Wolfau said:
G0lddigg@ said:

Free? How do you get it for free?

android - search in playstore (memory-map)
iphone/apple - itunes (memory-map)
pc download here - http://memory-map.com.au/memory-map-support/memory-map-downloads.html

This is the reason i asked about a smart phone tab in the forum. I never did follow it up but i guess it could go in mapping. Thanks for the share mate, 99.9% of what i do is via my Android systems, I'll check it out but I'm sure it will be a big help.

Anyone know if there is any water in misery creek in the Enfield forest in vic. Was thinking of taking the new high banker up there but dont really want to make the drive if its dry.
Cheers

Very much doubt it mate hasn't been water out there for ages... also you'll need to check the new prospecting area as they went and changed it on us as i found out via dpi one day whilst detecting

Gday nuggetbusta,
I was there last week and
there's no water in misery creek at the moment mate,
It needs a huge amount of rain over a couple of weeks before it starts to hold water and that hasn't happened as yet.
Even when that happened last year we only had a couple of puddles.
Cheers Steve

Ah thanks guys. Know of any creeks around that are I could get it wet in? Been trying to do some research but seems nearly everything is dried out at the moment.

Edit: was at creswick the other week but from the amount of water that was there then I would imagine its dry now

Latest posts