Embarrassed Novice

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a $65 beach detector from China on ebay this year -probably the same brand as yours and when I assembled it the four wires I had to join were not colour coded.So now it beeps when over nothing and goes silent when over a tin can. I cant undo the metal rod containing the wires from the housing as it went into a catch, so the whole thing,s useless.We were intending to dig holes and examine the soil for nuggets at the time whilst we were awaiting delivery of a much better detector.
As far as a cheap detector goes, at $950 a Racer 2 will handle the mineralisation better than other cheaper detectors according to Phase Technical under the 1K mark..A Racer Gold is best suited for use in low/medium mineralisation for searching tiny gold.

G'day mate,

You've said it yourself...... "you'll only get what ya pay for".
By the way ....Spot is a funny name for a wallaby...... should've called him Skippy or Joey. :D

Rob.

Testing the beach setting.
Couple of hours down Carrum Beach, $2 along with a couple of star pickets and a sinker. Good testing out the settings.
Off gold prospecting next weekend. ;)

1514260686_img_20171226_145229.jpg

Know someone who recently just detected his first nugget with the 705. Hopefully you won't be far behind. Goodluck :cool: :Y:

Congrats on your choice, my wife had a 705 for couple of years and had a lot of fun, just recently we upgrade to an SDC2300, now you have a serious machine, so be patient and do a lot of research, gold will come, good luck.

Latest posts