Eldorado's Oallen Ford trips

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Went out to Oallen today to wash a few pans.Dug a bit of old wash that somebody had already had a go at and I was getting a few specks per pan.?? yay got my first gold.Thanks to the forum here for wealth of info which helped me find those specks.Heard somebody out there highbanking,was it anyone from here?Got the fever now.

You threw me with your forum name.
Eldorado in Oallen Forde. ??
Started thinking that just maybe you were in the wrong place. :rolleyes:
The Forde is a top spot for a bit of colour and I would say you were picking up the bits from some one who was
running their setup a bit to hard to catch the last elusive speck.
Flour Gold is very tricky to capture but you usually get enough to go home with a smile and leave some for some one else.
Well done. :D
You will be back for more I take it. :lol:

If that was the day I was there I remember it well. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Or do you still do the dance of joy Mate. :D
I suppose we all get a bit excited when the reveal is done in the pan. ;)
You could almost walk on water. :lol:

jamie said:
Well done mate, I found my first gold at Oallen too hard to beat the feeling of that first bit, I still giggle to myself the way I got excited and went running across the ford to show it off like a 6 yr old that just got free candy lol

We all get that Cheshire Cat Grin Mate. LOL
Funny how it does not wear off for a few weeks eh. ? :lol:

I think with me anyway it feels like what I was meant to be doing in life and the fun and excitement just isn't containable in a way, I would drive the 12hrs to the GT just to be able to prospect for an hour then drive home and not be upset by it, it is really all day every day on my mind just life gets in my way too much unfortunately

Well done mate, I found my first gold at Oallen too hard to beat the feeling of that first bit, I still giggle to myself the way I got excited and went running across the ford to show it off like a 6 yr old that just got free candy lol

Lol Jamie.....
After 3 mths camped at Waanyarra with my brand new 5000 I finally found my first piece........
I flew back to camp as fast as I could to show everyone,,,, hit a rock wrecked a $200 tyre
Still got back to camp with my .02g piece with the biggest smile on my dial

Oh and I was 47 :) felt like 10

Hi all,

Just saw this on facebook...dont know the person that put it up but its on the OAllen Facebook page.

ATTENTION
After speaking to 2 Councils & 3 National parks offices, I was finally put on to Crown Lands dept. Mark has told me that there is
NO CAMPING ALLOWED, NO MOTORBIKES, NO 4WD, NO PROSPECTING. NOTHING is allowed anymore at Oallen Ford Crossing. Due to the destruction of the land by people.

Jack

Have a read Mate. :) :)
Bazza2210 and myself put some long yards into this. :)
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=13759

Happy Jack said:
Hi all,

Just saw this on facebook...dont know the person that put it up but its on the OAllen Facebook page.

ATTENTION
After speaking to 2 Councils & 3 National parks offices, I was finally put on to Crown Lands dept. Mark has told me that there is
NO CAMPING ALLOWED, NO MOTORBIKES, NO 4WD, NO PROSPECTING. NOTHING is allowed anymore at Oallen Ford Crossing. Due to the destruction of the land by people.

Jack

i think it is not a done deal I will not be heading there I don't like the way it looks it dose not pass the smell factor if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck it is a duck I don't trust any one the fines will rack up and most likely will have criminal charges thrown in on top they will pick some one to make an example of them it will not be this little duck :|

Took my 6yr old son out to Oallen Ford today, he loves a day out with Dad,especially when it involves getting dirty,chucking rocks in the river,and generally doing stuff with Dad.We dug some gravel and ran it through the sluice and found a bit of colour.The young bloke found a piece of Quartz with purple colour through it,which is now taking pride of place in his rock collection.I met 3 nice blokes from Wollongong (not on the forum)who were very forthcoming with advice.One of the guys noticed I wasn't wearing gloves and gave me a pair to wear and keep.I also met Colour Blind from here,nice bloke as well,he said he had found a nice little patch.He highly recommended the meet ups,said he had a ball and learnt heaps last meet.Just goes to show that there is a social side to our hobby and you can meet some great people.For me,I am a bit shy when it comes to meeting new people,but when you have something like this hobby in common it makes it a bit easier.

Latest posts