eBay X Terra 705 Gold

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
On eBay this morning and saw 7 x Minlab X Terra 705 Gold packs listed for $350 each free post, sent the seller some well pointed questions and within minutes the listing disappeared. Damn dishostest buggers!

Scoopa said:
Good work Arwon. They don't like it when we start to question them!

Their ebay account had no sales history and was created in 2012, that and the overly cheap price was enough for me to sent a few pointed questions to see which way they would reply.

Probably a redundant account that some overseas hacker is using to scam people, odd thing though it was pay by PayPal, wouldn't that be traceable?

Probably find it wouldn't work on Paypal and the seller would contact you and give you western union details or similar.

Jim

Nice one Arwon. I think that if more people are taking these sellers head-on with direct questions, authentications with the owners of these trademarks and reporting scams, they will get cold feet as they would know people are onto them and withdraw their ad even before eBay does.

Having dealt with China regarding trading for many years, I know that word will get around very quickly that it's too risky to try and sell these copies on eBay and the practice will slowly slow down to a point where only the complete idiots will still try and flog off fake detectors etc.

It is "frowned upon" by Chinese authorities when it comes to reproducing fakes but hardly enforced, thus allowing a free-for-all attitude and if they can get away with it, they will most certainly do it. Remember, the average wage over there is a fraction of what we earn over here and the sale of even 1 detector could mean the difference between just surviving and living it up.

By protecting our sponsors interests, we are also protecting each other and future members of our hobby too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts