Eating Carp and other "delicacies"

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Australians have not developed a taste for carp (they are heavily farmed in Europe, the Middle East and Asia). Our attitude is more:
  1. Place a fresh carp fillet in a pot of simmering water.
  2. Then add a small round stone from the river and simmer for 10 minutes or until the fish is cooked.
  3. Remove the carp from the pot and discard.
  4. Serve the hot stone.
Key thing is to throw them immediately into ice. The "muddy" taste is not mud at all but histamines released because of stress on the fish, and ice will prevent that.

Then cut the fillets carefully.

https://riversofcarbon.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/carp-recipe-ebook-A5.pdf

Not sure about the "hystamine" comment.
Try a freshly caught Saltwater barra and then compare to a dry season billabong barra.....the billabong barra has that same silty mud taste as the carp.

I’ve got a dam full of carp on my property I’m going to give it a go those little pieces of fried floured carp looked delicious I hope they taste just as good.
hi all not sure if this food stuff? help but as a kid my mum used to serve up a plate of hot steamy tripe, l really loved watching it go stone cool just before l was sent to bed for not eating my dinner. to this day it still makes my dry reach thinking about it, ugh

hi all not sure if this food stuff? help but as a kid my mum used to serve up a plate of hot steamy tripe, l really loved watching it go stone cool just before l was sent to bed for not eating my dinner. to this day it still makes my dry reach thinking about it, ugh
Me too - I never kept a mouthful of tripe down.

Me too - I never kept a mouthful of tripe down.
Yes. Lovely stuff. Take the large shitbag of a cow. cut a slit in it, and fill it with water. Roll your sleeve up and put your arm into the slit, past your elbow. Pull the shitbag inside out, to release the now watery contents, trying not to get any on your rubber apron and gumboots. Scrub, and hose the remaining contents off. Put it in a concrete tub holding 100 gallons of water, in which you've poured 2 pints of 100 per cent pure peroxide to bleach this green monstrosity into an appetising cream color. ( I think that was the correct formula.) Soak in a tub of clean water to get rid of the remaining peroxide. Take home and boil it then dish it out to your grateful family with white sauce, and, a sprig of parsley. Enjoy!

Yes. Lovely stuff. Take the large shitbag of a cow. cut a slit in it, and fill it with water. Roll your sleeve up and put your arm into the slit, past your elbow. Pull the shitbag inside out, to release the now watery contents, trying not to get any on your rubber apron and gumboots. Scrub, and hose the remaining contents off. Put it in a concrete tub holding 100 gallons of water, in which you've poured 2 pints of 100 per cent pure peroxide to bleach this green monstrosity into an appetising cream color. ( I think that was the correct formula.) Soak in a tub of clean water to get rid of the remaining peroxide. Take home and boil it then dish it out to your grateful family with white sauce, and, a sprig of parsley. Enjoy!
Lol. Your vivid description certainly built up my appetite.

If anyone likes Seafood Sticks, guess what you are eating, yep you guessed correctly. Mackka
Minced white fish (pollock, hake) offcuts not good for much else, starch, oil, dried egg, colorant, flavouring (eg crab)

I had bird nest soup in Singapore, $200 a bowl.. its bloody noice!
Also had that $40 a cup of coffee where the coffee cherry has been eatin by the Asian Palm Cavet, shat out then crushed for the coffee. Very nice indeed, great for hangovers!

1678169036535.png
1678169295412.png

Last edited:
Not allowed to swear here but "Yuckk!!"
A lot of people don’t know where s**t comes from (pun). “it wasn’t a swear word nor was that word considered a vulgarity by English speakers until sometime after WWII in the United States and it wasn’t placed on the British list of “swear words” until the middle of the Victorian era”. So this site is very Victorian, as is the best gold (also a pun)

“It has been with us, in written form at least, since at least the 14th century, and is derived from Old English, which had the noun scite (meaning dung) and scitte (diarrhea) and bescitan, which ….means "to cover with excrement." Also, scholars are fairly certain that it was used by preliterate Germanic tribes in the time of the Roman empire, meaning that the word … is, quite literally, barbaric”.

I have used ** so that I will not be bescitanned upon here....

Latest posts