DRONE ZONE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was the delivery system that was basically just a one size system. Regarding australian trees alot of varieties seeds are just like fine dust, anyway I'm sure other delivery methods could be worked out. You'd certainly need a big mix of different seeds to get any real resemblance to a natural forest.

Any new forest is good I agree, though all I could think of was the pine forests in Central Western NSW and the monoculture of trees planted in rows. :Y:

Deforestation is not really slowing down so yeah any new trees are good trees.

Regarding other delivery systems, many circumstances require attention where access is difficult to extreme (mountainous blackberry infestation for eg.) and aerial platforms are uniquely suited to.

Have a look at this;... http://rmax.yamaha-motor.com.au/

This has been available for years, and they continue to refine & upgrade. They also expand the services and options of use as they become clear on viability... I was going to set one up myself out here, and may still do so yet.

Although these are two blade, i see an increasing effort being put into heavy lift multi's for this purpose as well.

Just some applications to date are;..

Aerial photography
Mapping
Lidar
Volumetric Surveys
Digital Mapping
Contour Mapping
Topographic Mapping
Digital Terrain Modelling
Aerial surveys
Photogrametry
Temporal/ Spatial Correlation for Terrain Reconstruction
Geophysical Survey
EM38 Survey
and finally....Power Line & Bridge Inspection :Y:

I haven't flown my P4 in a while. I am keen to get out and buzz around. Got the batteries on charge now but I have never updated the firmware. It seems a few people have had issues with the latest firmware. Anyone have any experience with these issues? I have read that with the latest firmware you must login to DJI or your height and distance are restricted. I have turned my bird on and it is not demanding I update it. I did install the latest version of the DJI GO 4 app on my phone.
Why fix what isn't broken?

Appreciate any comments.

Cheers

It looks as if it bricked my replacement drone.
won't connect even though the camera moves when commanded.
Have not been able to contact dJI as I have a bit of a problem with
an injury to my right arm sapping any patience I have at the moment.
Tried to downgrade, reset, You name it.
Yes, You have to be fully connected to apply it properly.
And the camera buzz's as well and I have noted it gets hot.
Onto them next week.

Has anyone looked at the new drone from Vantage Robotice called"Snap".
It looks pretty good. I personally like how small it is for storage. Will easily fit into a backpack.

Darren11 said:
Has anyone looked at the new drone from Vantage Robotice called"Snap".
It looks pretty good. I personally like how small it is for storage. Will easily fit into a backpack.

Just had a bit of a look at the Snap. Reviews are not kind. DJI have released an even smaller model than their Mavic.... The spark. Consider that the Mavic body is about the size of a 2 litre coke bottle.

1498686129_download_6.jpg

I updated my P4 last night. No problems at all. I was going to fly today but it's raining. 8.(

Ramjet said:
I haven't flown my P4 in a while. I am keen to get out and buzz around. Got the batteries on charge now but I have never updated the firmware. It seems a few people have had issues with the latest firmware. Anyone have any experience with these issues? I have read that with the latest firmware you must login to DJI or your height and distance are restricted. I have turned my bird on and it is not demanding I update it. I did install the latest version of the DJI GO 4 app on my phone.
Why fix what isn't broken?

Appreciate any comments.

Cheers

Rod and others, the only problem I had with the update was trying to do the update via a poor comms connection as it took quite a while and any link glitch killed the update. Must have tried 3 or 4 times, before it went through ok.

Rob P

Well bugger what a mission. I had updated the firmware on my P4 so took it out for a quick test flight to make sure all was OK. Apparently it wasn't! I got a message saying I had incompatible firmware on my devices. I could start the aircraft and had it hover a metre above the ground but I wasn't game to do anything else. Scratching my head and doing a bit of reading, I actually had to do the P4 upgrade twice... once for each battery. When I charged the batteries up I had put the not upgraded one in the P4. DOH. It also took a few attempts to get the RC unit upgraded via the DJI GO 4 app. It seems all good now as everything is talking to each other. I will take it for a test fly after work tomorrow. Fingers crossed it all goes well as there seems to be plenty of people having issues with the latest upgrade.

the DJ 4 is on my list, factory refurbished from Kogam for just under a $1000 aroused my interest, but the research is mind boggling need an I pad for flying control so i can see where it going so theres another expense but i gotta have one

iamagoldenoldie2 said:
the DJ 4 is on my list, factory refurbished from Kogam for just under a $1000 aroused my interest, but the research is mind boggling need an I pad for flying control so i can see where it going so theres another expense but i gotta have one

That is a really good price. Mine was double that with a couple of extras. I don't have any fruit machines and have used 3 different Android devices with no problems.

Rod, out of interest what is your start up sequence?
I have had that firm ware error but just reboot and after a bit it goes away.
I start the aircraft, the app then the controller.
I also dont fly at all if there are any errors!

Still no go.
Firmware issue. Grrrrrrr
Does not connect, Camera Buzzing, Only thing that works
is the camera tilt.
Going to do some real agro stuff today... ]:D ]:D

Ramjet said:
Controller - app - aircraft. I have read of fly aways when starting the aircraft first.

Yeah with the Scarab I always had the controller on first, but this thing seems a lot different.
I will change my MO and see if I get any issues.
I do agree that the controller should be on first normally.

In all of my RC Days,
Controller on first,
Throttle to Zero,
Turn aircraft on,
Check Throttle to zero again,
Start.
Saves a lot of fingers and eye's.
Poor old Phantom is heading back to hospital.
Appears the issue is with the video link side of things.

Latest posts