DRONE ZONE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry you see my posts, after several clear denials to the contrary, of being in support of the bad behavior of the pilot...i don't know how to make myself any clearer than i already have.

Good luck with your situation....

Video anyone?.....C'mon RJ jump in here, you began this thread 8 months ago now, how about some skill progression vids?,,,,everyone loves a good prang!!!... :p :D ]:D

Smoky bandit said:
I can see the news headlines now...MAN SHOOTS DOWN DRONE ON HIS RURAL PROPERTY FOR FILMING HIS WIFE AND KIDS IN THIER LIVINGROOM...Can only see that going bad for drone owners...Not me...As i said lets just hope it doesnt come back...And Op... thanks mate you gave me an idea Cheers :Y: :D

One vote for the Smoky approach :Y:

You could give one warning shot but that might get you into more trouble than just turning it into fragments. It seems more often than not the law is in favour of the perpetrator :(

Now I am in for some fun. :D :D ]:D
Will be having a play this weekend as soon as I set it up properly.
1492757674_20170421_163914_medium.jpg

GypsyGoldAu said:
Sorry you see my posts, after several clear denials to the contrary, of being in support of the bad behavior of the pilot...i don't know how to make myself any clearer than i already have.

Good luck with your situation....

Video anyone?.....C'mon RJ jump in here, you began this thread 8 months ago now, how about some skill progression vids?,,,,everyone loves a good prang!!!... :p :D ]:D

Sorry Gypsy. As with detecting I have been pretty quiet with the drone. Haven't had it out much at all. :8

roy cobb said:
Tathradj said:
Now I am in for some fun. :D :D ]:D
Will be having a play this weekend as soon as I set it up properly.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...es/2436/1492757674_20170421_163914_medium.jpg

Is that a Phantom 3 if so they are not that hard to fly and the camera is just great so have fun

I have the P4. Lovely toy. It really is all about the camera... flying camera platform. Easy to fly and very stable. If ya let go of the controls it will just stop and hover.

It was you who inspired me to go for it Rod. :D :D :Y:
This is the Pro 4.
I have done the intial setup and firmware updates.
Then had a hover inside. It was a bit drifty as I had only low light.
Now to RTFM a heck of a lot.
hopefully I will have some small footage on the weekend but I
am a bit warry to do too much with it yet. LOL
I have purchased the care pack just in case. :8

I went to a drone info session last night....
They use drones on site for lots of stuff .....
Saw some interesting footage of blasts and general flights over the site...

There were several different types of drones.....
from the tiny little ones thru to the big one about a metre square I didn't get the name of it ....
there was also a $70,000.00 one that is always attacked by the local eagles....

I found the persentation very interesting...
I want to learn more about them.....
Having just read thru this thread....
I will look into getting one when I get back to town....

Some very good pics and vids on here keep it up ...

Cheers Nanjim
Jim

Nanjim said:
thru to the big one about a metre square I didn't get the name of it ....

Cheers Nanjim
Jim

Maybe one of these Jim?
The DJI S800.....
1493185844_thumb-main2.jpg

Nanjim said:
I went to a drone info session last night....
They use drones on site for lots of stuff .....
Saw some interesting footage of blasts and general flights over the site...

There were several different types of drones.....
from the tiny little ones thru to the big one about a metre square I didn't get the name of it ....

I found the persentation very interesting...
I want to learn more about them.....
Having just read thru this thread....
I will look into getting one when I get back to town....

Some very good pics and vids on here keep it up ...

Cheers Nanjim
Jim

They are great fun and not that hard to fly with the new style

Have to admit it. :8
Pranged the drone. 8.(
Had it right up taking some photo's of my mates place and clipped a power line
in around the tree's coming in for a landing.
Where I was standing it looked like it was high enough but when I went to correct
it, It did not react fast enough. I had it in what is called Tripod mode where the
side ways and yaw are slown down for super high res photo's. :rolleyes:
Bent one of the motors up at an angle and also bent the camera gimble.
It is on it's way to hospital for repair.
Lucky I had it insured and they were a bit baffled on how it was damaged so much.
It come down from about 10 meters onto soft grass after it broke a prop blade off.
I think they are built like it in case one hits an aircraft so they shatter on impact.
Oh well, I scored some absolutely stunning photo's and video. :cool:
Back to flight school for a while.
I have to say, These Drones are so stable in flight and when you are flying it in normal
mode, So smooth and easy to fly. I hovered it at full legal height and let go the gimbles to
snap a few photo's. My mate was super impressed on how stable they are when hovering with
no input.

I met a bloke the other evening while detecting at my honey hole, he was flying a drone, anyway after he finished he wandered over with his son to have a chat about detecting, funnily enough he is right into coins and gemstones as well, I let him know about the forum and he said he'll check it out and maybe join up. This bloke actually flies drones for a living, he works in film and TV and I guess would do a lot of cinematography work, hope he joins up here as he's a really nice bloke.

Yeah Rod,
I was not super impressed with myself I can tell you. :8
It was about the 8th time I had flown it.
I have a raptor 50 Helicopter in the shed that I have have flown
before.
It was too dangerous. I was going to fit it out with a long range
camera but gave up on the idea as it also was too noisy.
it cost $3500.00 all up.

I nearly trashed mine a while ago. Was trying out sport mode and MAN is it fast. As it approached me at max speed I let the controls go so it would stop and hover. Problem is that function does't work in sport mode. It whizzed past my head and missed a tree trunk by less than a metre. :8 Close call.

Latest posts