Down the beach with the Sovereign

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sandta said:
Dont be silly ... Theres plenty for everyone
Ive basically been concentrating on Newcastle beach only. As recommended by Team Bogan im trying to stick to the one beach to get a better understanding of how things work . Locating the coin patches in the scalloped out/lower sections.
I regularly see another older guy detecting there too . We stop and compare notes , have a bit of show n tell.
As i generally head straight down to the water ,i usually dont end up with a much as he finds up in the dryer sand ,

I know that quite a few people hit Newy beaches. I've only been a couple of times. Need to get a sand scoop. I onle have a bunnings type shovel.

Nothing wrong with the shovel , i see 2 other blokes using them down here. Check out Darren Barnes on you tube ,he swears by it.

This mornings beach hunt was a bit of a let down really, but a beautiful morning non the less.
Was up at 3:30 and on the sand by 4am for the low tide. I had hoped that my luck would have been improved and that i would get more from those coin patches.
Well that'l teach a bloke for being cocky :rolleyes:
1414271250_image.jpg

Gee i sure covered some ground , doing laps, from the water up to the high tide line :/
60c worth of coins that have obviously been there a while
What i thought was a $2 turned out to be 10 euro cents
1414271765_image.jpg

And the real crusty coin is a USA 1c , found around the area that opal ring came from, and also where all the ring pulls and most of the scrap came from
1414271798_image.jpg

Im not sure about the flower,a rose maybe , its pretty heavy , looks really good , not sure if its silver or junk
1414272070_image.jpg

Looks like silver to me. Have you tried the local busb near the ocean? Its good exersize nevertheless

There you go Sandta, treasure man neant BUSH.

Don't even know what I was going on about before,...mow.

It's that bloody Rose' again,...... Mmmmmmmmm.

Today was an oddly ,funny ,sad and eventful visit to the beach..
I arived around 5pm , dangerous surf conditions had beach closed , red flags didnt deter everyone though. :(
After around 10 mins i heard sirens , ambulance ... Someone nearly drowned :rolleyes:
Around 20 mins later i located the start of what turned out to be a coin patch :p
3 people ran past me straight into the water , then i hear 2 girls giggling and bantering behind me . As i turn around 2 Japanese/ Korean girls ...not sure what variety,but they spick no ingrish... The 3rd , a bloke ,is now caught in a rip . I manage to tell the girls to get him to swim across and he manages to reach the sand bar.
My new best friends are now very intrigued at what im up to... They take turns listening to my head phones , then want a turn with the wand (seemingly oblivious its attached to my hip) they bury coins and have a dig with the scoop as im being pulled around in all directions. Finally i get my self back in control , but my new best mate , still extremely grateful for saving his life, wants to do the digging for me ;) ok ... so i wander around till i get a hit ... Ol mate digs .. 925 bracelet :D
Well wasnt he stoked! :lol: thank you , thank you ... shaking hands ... I had to be a bit rude .. I turned and walked away ,not turning around to their attempts to get my attention.
A little while later , this little drop dead gorgeous girl walking past , we made eye contanact ( well eventually did , i was just perving at her boobs)
She saw the whole thing with my 3 non ingrish spicking friends , told me i had the patience of a saint :) i thought ,she wouldnt have said that if she knew what i was thinking. Then again , the fact that i kept staring at her tits , probably gave the game away.
I certainly didnt rush to distance myself from her.
Anyway here are the finds ....$12.85 , USA 1cent , bat belly button stud, heart/wings junk jewellery pendant and the silver bracelet with an aqua stone
1414494036_image.jpg

1414494065_image.jpg

Sandta said:
A little while later , this little drop dead gorgeous girl walking past , we made eye contanact ( well eventually did , i was just perving at her boobs)
She saw the whole thing with my 3 non ingrish spicking friends , told me i had the patience of a saint :) i thought ,she wouldnt have said that if she knew what i was thinking. Then again , the fact that i kept staring at her tits , probably gave the game away.
I certainly didnt rush to distance myself from her.

Don't the rules here say "if there are no pics it never happened"
Thats just like saying I found a 1 kilo nugget and not putting up pictures. ;)

Ha Ha. Certainly an interesting evening. Good finds as well. We had a similar incident last time at Nundle. 2 asian girls, 1 guy. Very interested in our activities. I think so at least. No much engrish being spoken.

mansge de twoi,(he says rapidly, hardly believing his eyes).... mine got, Sandtas stories are definitely getting a bit more riveting,... not sure what you said you found,... but imagining the fun you had just getting there,.....
(PROUD).

Back to the beach again after work, arrived around 5pm ,first target was a ring , excellent way to start the day, i thought i was going to have a very successful hunt.
Managed to find the coin patch again ;)
Unfortunately todays trip was cut short as i broke the handle on my scoop 8.(
Thats ok ... I can rebuild it ... Better ,stronger ... but heavier :(
1414576440_image.jpg

$3.17
The ring turned out to be a junker ... But i did get another condom :lol:

Sandta said:
Back to the beach again after work, arrived around 5pm ,first target was a ring , excellent way to start the day, i thought i was going to have a very successful hunt.
Managed to find the coin patch again ;)
Unfortunately todays trip was cut short as i broke the handle on my scoop 8.(
Thats ok ... I can rebuild it ... Better ,stronger ... but heavier :(
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3188/1414576440_image.jpg
$3.17
The ring turned out to be a junker ... But i did get another condom :lol:

Hi S. that condom may be handy for a rainy day. check that there are no pricks , holes in it. :D

Latest posts