Down the beach with the Sovereign

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Outstanding hunt Sandta, couldn't ask for more from an outing. Think I would be rather excited seeing that big bling ring in the scoop, it does look similar to those huge class rings - drool! :)

After meeting SinHof and Cleggy this morning Ramjet and i headed to the beach for a couple of hours.
I started off in the dry sand and got spotted by Davelaw as he was strolling by, while RJ moved further along and headed towards the water.
It wasnt long before RJ was onto a productive little patch which attracted a couple of spectators who were soon followed by a few of their freinds . Within seconds his potential little hot spot was inaccessible with all these people standing smack on top of where he wanted to be. RJ even asked the lifeguard if he could move the flags to encourage them to move :lol: the lifeguard didnt seem to have much of a sense of humour :(
Eventually they moved on and RJ was back in action.

1452335778_image.jpg

Dont you just love when those 5c turn into a sixpence :D
1452335853_image.jpeg

1452335895_image.jpeg

1452335919_image.jpeg

We both got rings which was pretty good, even though one of mine was one of those big hole in your head ones :rolleyes:
As we stepped off the beach we were greeted by 2 lovely ladies who offered us a free sample icecream each :D
YES PLEASE :D
What a way to finish up .....
Well actually i didnt ..... Finish up
Since i dont get down to the beach very often now i thought i would make the most out of the trip , so headed off to another beach
The tide was coming back in by the time i arrived but still managed to do alright
1452336472_image.jpg

1452336520_image.jpg

1452336567_image.jpeg

1452336594_image.jpeg

I came accross 5 sinkers in close proximity and worked like hell to cover and search as much area around in search of any gold rings but was beaten back by rising water before i found any :( , but im pretty happy with the 2 silver ones i did get :)

Wow you guys did great well done, that top silver ring looks like the 1 i got at the beach ;), might have to hit the beach tomorrow me thinks :cool:

Very similar page 2 on my thread ;)

Outstanding hunt/s Sandta, some of those coins look like they have been in the sand for a fair while! You did well on the silver rings - hopefully some gold there for you next time. :)

4 rings and a 6d + all the money,.. your firing on eight cylinders Sandta . Well done. :eek: :D

These pa sponsored hunts are pounding out the treasure, and cash. Good work gents. Everything is dry and it's gotten too bloody hot to get out so I'm sitting under the AC watching all this inspiration. Top stuff mate great hunt.

One of my finds yesterday was unusually heavily encrusted so i took a photo with a $2 coin for comparison in thickness
1452413984_image.jpeg

I assumed it was a 2c ,as it was about the same size and the coppers tend to be affected that way
I was wrong .... Ive never encountered any even remotely corroded like this
1452414102_image.jpeg

I hit it with a hammer to release it from its crusty encasement
1452414170_image.jpeg

I was surprised to find $2 coin :eek:

The other unidentified coin... Still cant tell, but can see glints of copper in the sunlight
Its about the same size as 5c
1452414387_image.jpeg

1452414426_image.jpeg

Possibly a foreign coin

That copper coin looks like it could just fall apart any old time. :eek:

Latest posts