Down the beach with the Sovereign

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
18 silvers,.... Who cares if it's cold ?,.... cause you found a Hot spot Sandta(hats off to you).

Thanks guys ... Thats definitely the most silver in any one hunt
And that badge! WOW thanks Wally . I had no idea it was so special
Ye the cold feet was well worth it in the end

You are more than welcome Sandta.

The bloke that lost that badge survived a jump out of an aeroplane into a war zone half way around the world and survived. He received that badge in recognition but failed to handle a Newie shore break and now it is in your hands - entertaining the world.

It is amazing what you can come across and the stories that get unearthed; and some people wonder why we are hooked on this hobby.

Hit the beach early this morning... On the sand just after 5am
It wasnt any warmer either :rolleyes: was actually lightly foggy ( a bit eery)
This is most of the lead and brass scrap
1433657682_image.jpg

Heres some more...
1433657747_image.jpg

The oddities...cool 'Australia' army badge , the necklace(925) must have been dropped yesterday,
1433657951_image.jpg

I must have broken this up as i dug it out :(
1433658343_image.jpg

I think the pearl ring could be a good one , there is something stamped but cant quite read it yet, needs cleaning ... Carefully
1433658069_image.jpg

Found this odd lead seal of some sort
1433658250_image.jpg

1433658268_image.jpg

1433658287_image.jpg

I also found a few coins :p
1433658451_image.jpg

14x20c ,19x10c ,44x5c ,29x2c ,48x1c :mad: d 4 pennies and 2 half pennies
Oh ye ... I found a few silvers too :D 32 of em :D
1433658729_image.jpg

I cant make out all the dates , but heres some of them
1914 florin , 6x shillings(1917,1931 - '55 & '60 rams head), 10x sixpence ('12 ,'19 ,'21 ,'55 and an early Victoria) 15x threepence ('03 ,'08 ,'12 ,'15 ,'18 ,'19 ,'21 ,'23 ,'43 ,'62)

Lol, 48x1c, that must have been fun! What a hunt, that's the sort that you dream about. I wouldn't know went to stop detecting finding that many good targets, I would be too worried that the area would get sanded in again. Will be interesting to see what else pops up over the next few days, hopefully the pearl ring is a gold one for you. :)

:lol: i certainly noticed the amount of BB's i was finding :mad: , thats for sure
I was actually thinking at the time( quite a few times)...
This was Rockets 'BB'curse un falling, placed upon me for the 'florin flurry of grief'
Payback is always a bitch :rolleyes:
Hopefully now we're all squared up and the real goodies will fill our scoops :D

Your spot on GP , i didnt want to leave ,i only left because i was knackered (still feeling it)
Well thats not the only reason .... Im packing house 8.(
Like you im making a tree change. About 80-100 kms from the coast
Heres a pic ... The shack in the centre of the screen
1433717848_image.jpg

About an hours travel to work each day :( , then back again
Im not looking forward to being 'on call' out there ....

Hey Sandta, great finds mate and that needle looking thing next to the snake charm could be a "Pull Through" for cleaning the inside of a gun barrel or maybe not. Love the finds and your new place of residence, very cool.
Cheers
Mackka

Mackka said:
Hey Sandta, great finds mate and that needle looking thing next to the snake charm could be a "Pull Through" for cleaning the inside of a gun barrel or maybe not. Love the finds and your new place of residence, very cool.
Cheers
Mackka

Cheers mate, i wondered what that thing was.
Its in good condition, rather thin , i thought maybe a part off some kind of jewellery fastener

Moving,.... And just as you are on a home run too. Maybe there is gold in the creeks near that shack in the middle. Didn't even get to put my hat back on and you've got it off again.

Latest posts