Dolly Pots

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They look very well made Dave!
Just throwing it out there and this is not a criticism at all just something I like in a dolly pot as I have two and one is almost identical but not as pretty.
I usually use mine while sitting in a chair with the pot between my feet. The other one which I prefer has a rectangular base which protrudes on two side which I can put my feet on to keep it stable. The one like yours I have to keep manoeuvring back into place no matter how hard I try and keep it centred with my feet.

They look very well made Dave!
Just throwing it out there and this is not a criticism at all just something I like in a dolly pot as I have two and one is almost identical but not as pretty.
I usually use mine while sitting in a chair with the pot between my feet. The other one which I prefer has a rectangular base which protrudes on two side which I can put my feet on to keep it stable. The one like yours I have to keep manoeuvring back into place no matter how hard I try and keep it centred with my feet.
yes I know exactly what your saying, and I agree a square base would be better. šŸ‘

the material I had for making the bases I could get two round ones and only one square one so that's how they turned out.

next batch I will look for material to get square ones out of economically, the round bases are 110mm in dia so getting flat bar at either 110mm or 220mm etc x 10 mm thick is where the challenge is to find.

I found a stack10mm x 230mm round circles so I used these and could get two out of each

cheers dave

They look a bit like beersteins. Between crushing you could practice with them for the upcoming Oktoberfest masskrugstemmen. Screenshot_20230915_151911.jpg

Latest posts