Dolly Pot - For crushing Quartz

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was really interested in the Electric drill or Pneumatic impact gun, just curious if a 4WD compressor (Bushranger) would run one of them for a few minutes at a time, this certainly seems to make the job a lot easier than using a big bit of iron. The other thought would an inverter run the electric version again for a short time ? I only have a small inverter rated at 300W with a 1000W peak would this start it and then maintain it ? Anyone know the formula ? I have looked at Bunnings and a Ryobi air gun @ $29 or the Ozito impact at $79 both seem reasonable just didn't want to add extra expense in upgrading either items currently.

Cheers

If anyone likes brumble-gums rock crusher I have some interesting news for you.

I have recently got my old job back as a construction materials technician (soil tester) and i went for a walk into the back yard of head quarters of the company - they have quite a few of these rammers and base moulds that dont make testing requirements - all it is is they have been used enough that now they wont meet calibration requirements so they are essentially scrap for us.

If anyone is keen on getting their hands on these I will be able to supply them to you guys as long as you pay the freight from WA - they do pack some weight - probably 15kg all up.

Can't get into the filed, so I started making my first dolly pots today. Need to cut up pestle and side carry handles then start welding.
Re the pestle handle, is it best to be straight rod? I was thinking of putting a t-bar handle on the top, but was wondering if that would excessively shock the hands? Advise required please from someone experienced who has used these.

1457756477_dolly_pot_1.jpg

Latest posts