Digging "Fuggets"

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess the point is that in the 'flogged'areas that this junk came from, supposedly 100's of detectors have been over these same areas over the last 30 years.
They missed all of this.
Anyone of them could have been gold.

Agreed, that's why I said so-called flogged out :) Forgot to mention, spot 2 had several partially filled holes with the fuggets put back in them, but hows this for karma - I found 7 nuggets in between and to the side of these holes :D

And this was last years lot [ not including the big stuff like horse shoes, axe and pick heads etc.

1416966497_junk.jpg

Cheers Oldfella thought as much - variables = no defined ratio. Me mate likes to think his next find is just around the corner, but he keeps forgetting the number he is up to (pretty sure hes been tell me he's found approx ninety fuggets since his last nuggie so the next nugget must be close) - dreamer.

Haha you don't see these sorts of pics in the detector manual or advertising material. You are more patient men than me.

Yep......it was a big session and the word fugget was used enough to get me banned from most respectable publications, but the persistence netted me some nuggets to rattle in a bottle. :lol:

I didn't do a trash count on our latest session Heath, but I dusted off the snapper sinker moulds the other day thinking I need to capitalise on all that hard work. :D

Wally69 said:

What amazes me is that there is still so much lead and other junk in areas supposedly flogged by metal detectors over the previous decades. Is it really flogged ? Or did they just toss the junk back in ?

I am gonna call these items "Fuggets"

This is the funniest thing I have read so far this year! :D
toooo... funny <giggling>

Yep, I have had my fair share of Fuggets, an I always forget a finds pouch, its now fun with ya pockets full of sharp stuff as your strides start sliding down ya leg, So I got one of them waist coat combat vests doo hickies, trouble is it weighs a ton when you fill up all 19 pockets, and then ya get told off when you get home for emptying them out on news paper and you miss the paper, and the Mrs says AW fa Fug sake. Hi Honey I'm Home, spose a U know whats out the question (cup of Tea) or Beer.

Still it's nice to keep the romance in A relationship

yet other days I have found 167 coins in one small area and 3 lots of Gold items in one sweep of the Coil,

So what I have realized is we are Fugget prospectors and now and again we will Rough It and take the Odd bit of Gold, (well some one has got to do it)

john

Moneybox said:
Wally69 said:

What amazes me is that there is still so much lead and other junk in areas supposedly flogged by metal detectors over the previous decades. Is it really flogged ? Or did they just toss the junk back in ?

Yeah but for every one person with a detector going over a certain area, there's probably two people going over that same area leaving their crap behind.

So it will never be free from trash, or should I say fuggets.

2oz fugget milestone in one trip almost achieved :rolleyes: :( 8.(

If I ignore the iron ore component that would make Gina Rinehart salivate, the payout ratio was around than 1:10 against the 148 bits of lead shot extracted.

1439372047_image.jpg

Latest posts