Diggers

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm looking at diggers and in another thread people are giving their opinions on it.Thought I would cread a new one so newbies can see what we got up to and can make an informed choice on what suits them.

So do you get a hand digger or a shovel type digger and something in between

Shovel
1544950094_shovel.jpg

The blade
1544949459_the_blade.jpg

The Cub
1544949502_the_cub.jpg

The snake
1544949560_thesnake.jpg

The Garret
1544949700_garret.jpg

The Chinese
1544949931_chinese.jpg

Now there are many more but these good quality ones that cost 50 bucks and up some more than $120.Dont know whats the quality of the 30 dollar chinese one on ebay, so i'm not risking that unless someone has good things to say.

So come on don't be shy what is your weapon of choice and why.

I hope you dont make me spend more than 100 bucks the i'll be in the dog house for a while!

thanks

mixo

P.s I will add picture of others if people reckon they are the bees knees, just let me know what it is.

I wouldn't recommend any shovel type digger for public parks.You may as well have a red flashing light on your head..Try and be as discreet as possible.. Use a screwdriver for shallow coins as well.
The blade or the Garrett you cant go wrong..The cub is also good except when you need to dig deeper.

I bought my Lesche Digger in 2012 ( from USA ) - Predator Tools - George Lesche even signed the box ..! Still going strong

Back then options were limited options .

I got a Garrett one when it first come out , I hardly used it , but handle broke - 2015

The Tyger ones have a good wrap

Dont forget Nenad - http://phasetechnical.com.au/product-category/recovery-tools/ $58

Unless you have regular access to paddocks - no shovel required

:Y:

haven't seen any youtube video of the tyger stuff, seen lots on garret and broken handles...

mixo

I have the Garrett digger and find it a strong and sturdy bit of kit.Got it from Toys and Things in Wollongong ( a forum sponsor).Asked if he offered a discount to forum members and he dropped it from $70 down to $65 if I remember correctly.

mixo said:
Love the shovel...

The hand digger is a far more versatile tool than the shovel.
If your going to "hit the parks hard" chasing goldies , you dont need a shovel
The parks you are going to be hunting , most likely, have been hit many times already, most coins will be in the grass (and no more than 2" deep) thats why a screwdriver (probe) is really all that is required.

saw a Garrett edge digger here at port lincoln for 85 bucks.

the reviews I have seen have handles breaking on them.

Is it still a good buy or wait?

mixo

Yeah bit far away from port Lincoln.plus people complaining they snap in half.

Price is good though.

Mixo

Latest posts