Didgeridoo music for my videos.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Metamorphic said:
Hehe way to go mate......now we are shaping up to put a band together!

'PA and the Gold Diggers', coming to a central gold fields pub near you.

The new lineup:

MJB - Didgeridoo

Ramjet - Clapsticks

Big Nugget - Lead Guitar

Anger management - Rhythm Guitar

Meta - Drums and percussion

Chewy - Lead Vocals

dwt - piano/keyboards

Heatho - Sound and lighting

Hey....can anyone play bass?

;)

We can rehearse at my home studio....lmao

:eek:

Clapsticks sounds a bit technical for me. :8

My 3 sons all play. Bass, drums and lead guitar. eldest to youngest. I just love it. The young fella sits at the kitchen bench and just plays. They played at my 50th birthday. All self taught. :D

Sorry - Love the music, can not play any thing for sh1t.

My old man would play his dig in the outhouse and place the end on the rim... He could get some great effects and gave it an interesting sound. Very haunting of a night. Yes the old long drop was all we had out bush, and last time he tried... The Porcelain bowl is not bad but not as good as the long drop.

He can play just about any thing and does it all by ear...

Now when I was a bit younger and fitter - I would lug all the gear for a band and do the electrical and wiring and sound checks etc and running repairs. Then get out front and dance like no one was watching...

PS. Did a caving trip in TAS a few years ago... The caving lady had a flute and the guide had a short dig. We were a long way down and in a deep place where we had to swim under to get to a special cavern. The two of them then did a bit of a jam session. My son attempted to record it on his phone.... I will have to go through the archives and see if it is still around....

Your son who plays bass is hired RJ......tell him to pack his gear and be prepared to spend his time living out of hotel rooms with beautiful women on tap!

Lol ;)

I would love to meet your old man Anger.....I reckon me and him would get along like a house on fire talkin about the old days in the NT.

He sounds like a ripper bloke mate ;)

Metamorphic said:
Your son who plays bass is hired RJ......tell him to pack his gear and be prepared to spend his time living out of hotel rooms with beautiful women on tap!

Lol ;)

I would love to meet your old man Anger.....I reckon me and him would get along like a house on fire talking about the old days in the NT.

He sounds like a ripper bloke mate ;)

Getting on a bit now... He still does a bit of leather work - hand carves the tree ( no fiberglass or fake shit) and every thing is hand stitched/laced/carved Always has a TFW sig.. ( And any one in the Westons may know the meaning). And misses his horses but still get a ride at 85 but does not mend any more.

1439556950_pa100002_small.jpg

1439556950_pa100011_small.jpg

1439556950_pa100010_small.jpg

1439556950_pa100005_small.jpg

1439556950_pa100004_small.jpg

Beautiful leather work there AM. We had horses growing up and my dad learnt to all the maintenance. Fit horse shoes, make bridles etc. Nothing like those saddles though. The older generation sure did turn their hands to do whatever was required to get the job done.

I remember that when I was a kid grandfathers horses came right up to the back of grandmas out back washhouse with the copper boiler with fire under/stired with a wooden stick, concrete double sinks and the old hand rollers for drying and her wooden/glass scrubbing board.. spot the dog was very envious of the horse and a bar of sunlight soap fell from her window and the dog grabbed it thinking the horse was going to eat it, grabbed it and chewed it up and swallowed it...It must have farted bubbles for a week.. I used to turn the handle for the gear driven blower to get the fire hot enough to make horse shoes.. old ted also clipped horses with his gear driven clippers with me cranking the handle.. Ted had the first trucks in the hunter valley.. foden trucks.. solid rubber tyres and driven by steam delivering coal to the local brick works and the hospital in Newcastle.... :)

Not sure if their still in service today ,but around 1990-9 2ish, the Mater Hospital at Waratah still had 2 huge conveyour fed coal fired boilers,although they had been converted to gas by this time.

Latest posts